0
jhaynes2698

Can I propagate this plant?

jhaynes2698

I received these bits of plant in a flower arrangement and Im wondering what type of plant it is and if I’m able to propagate it. Thanks!

• dbarron

Please make clear which of the 4 or 5 species I see, you're wondering about.

Ideally, in the future, show exactly (and only) what you want to know about.

• jhaynes2698

Every single piece of plant in there is the same. I am referring to the plant. Not the flowers.

• dbarron

Ok, they're all plants. There are chrysanthemums, pittosporum, and rhododendron that I see.

If you mean the branchlet of rhododendron that you're holding in the first picture, then I'm not sure why you're showing us the second picture which doesn't even have it in it..that's why I'm confused.

Assuming that above assumption is correct, then yes, you can. However, it's far easier to just buy a potted rhododendron and will give you results instantly versus waiting years.

See this link

Rhododendron

PS. I apologize, looking more closely, I suspect that what I thought was a rhody is actually a branch of pittosporum, but rooting should be pretty much the same. It's also easier to just buy one same as rhodo, if you live somewhere warm enough for them to grow.

https://www.hunker.com/13428396/how-to-propagate-pittosporum-by-cuttings

jhaynes2698 thanked dbarron