0

How to combine existing maple floors with anything but carpet?

Simona Stafano

I have natural maple floors thru the house, except bedrooms. Looking for the right combination of floor color and typ to go with existing floors outside of the bedrooms. It will be DIY, since no contractor even bother to return my calls hearing I want to do one room at the time. I know most people like carpet in the bedrooms, but we ar not planing to sell in the next 10-15 years. paint is SW6107 Nomadic Desert, trim is white. Thank you!

Sina Sadeddin Architectural Design

I'd run the same type of hardwood into the bedrooms. You don't need a contractor for that, just a flooring company. You should be able to easily match the stain and species of existing wood.

Simona Stafano thanked Sina Sadeddin Architectural Design
  • SJ McCarthy

Sina has a point. If you do not want to work with hardwood and wish to have something soft and quiet for the bedroom (that you can click together yourself) you are welcome to look at cork floating flooring. They are relatively easy to purchase/have delivered and are easy to install.

As a former cork flooring sales/technical support person, I found some of the best installations came from conscientious homeowners who wanted to do it right.

www.icorkfloor.com

It's a place to start if you feel an interest in cork flooring. There are many cork floors that look almost IDENTICAL to the maple flooring. Both in terms of colour and pattern. It would be a handsome addition that will add value to your home....and can be a DIY project.

Simona Stafano thanked SJ McCarthy
    Oak & Broad

If you do the project please share pictures when its all finished. It always seem home owners forget to share once they are finished.

Simona Stafano thanked Oak & Broad
  • Simona Stafano

I will go look cork flooring, sounds good. Not fond of the look that I saw, but I would like to take samples and see it next to my floor...

I would stick with the maple even if it is a bit different color bedrooms can be different anyway.