0

Paint color help

Kris Bruesehoff

I found an empty paint can that has some numbers on the top...trying to find out if it is in fact the current trim color in our home so that I can find a wall color that will look good with it.

• jean1
    It says it is Exterior paint, so probably the trim color on the outside of your home.
    Kris Bruesehoff thanked jean1
  • Kris Bruesehoff

Ok well that makes sense. Shoot, what Is the best way to find a color match to interior without tearing off a piece of the molding?

BeverlyFLADeziner

OPEN THE CAN

Is your trim an exterior flat finish? That might be a bit unusual So this paint was a custom match that started with a bright white base to which raw umber,(brown) gold and black was added.

Kris Bruesehoff thanked BeverlyFLADeziner
  • Kris Bruesehoff

Can is rusted and empty... Im sure its our exterior trim color so will keep in case we need to match that someday. Guess I’ll Need to pry off a piece of the molding to take in to color match.

‘I guess I should’ve been more clear with my question. Is there anywhere that I can plug in these numbers and see what color it is without having paint mixed? Lots of paint lids that I don’t know if they are current colors or from years passed.

BeverlyFLADeziner

If the can wasn't rinsed out, there will be a dry residue.

Check on the SW website to see if you can enter the numbers to determine the color.

• jean1
    It is a custom manual match which means someone probably brought a paint chip in and they mixed the color to match. There won’t be a regular color name for it in the store computer.
    Kris Bruesehoff thanked jean1