0

Need bright white Quartz with subtle little veins but natural big ones

joelcoqui
last modified: February 13, 2019

Who makes bright white Quartz with natural looking big veins with some little ones in the background. I dont want big empty white areas. Prefer a soft taupey gray (not blueish gray) veins. I love the Unique Calacutta but it has very large empty white areas. The colors of LGs Minuet are perfect but its too consistent with pattern, it can look like formica. Dislike the Cambria Britannica (so fake looking) HELP please.

• Karen Rose
    Do you have an MSI near you? If not you can order samples. They have a TON of pretty white with large veins.
  • DrB477

Try LG Muse or Karis.

• Sarah Powers
    how about cambria skara brae or eternal calacatta gold?
    The Kitchen Place

I am getting Daltile One Calacatta installed next week. I'll post a picture after it's in. Here's a slab of it (below). It's a warm gray...not bluish.

• joelcoqui

I really would like REALISTIC looking veins.

• chocolatebunny123

Then get marble.

• joelcoqui

chocolatebunny123 thanks. I would but I dont need the maintenence and I cant worry about stains everyday. It will be used and abused.

• chocolatebunny123

Quartz can stain. I would get samples of whatever patterns you narrow it down to and perform your own tests. That's what I did and had to eliminate one pattern that I really liked because I could not get mustard off of it.

Edit - FWIW, I have yet to see a quartz that looked as realistic as marble.

Michael Lee, Inc

Don't use marble in kitchen you will hate all the scratches and possible stains! quartz look alike is the only choice.

• joelcoqui

yes, i know. but which quartz/? i wish there was a bright white granite with gray swirls.

• Michelle misses Sophie

As Karen Rose suggested, go to a dealer and look at their samples. What "bright white and large veins" means to you could be completely different than to someone else. Yes, it takes a little investment of time and you may need to go to multiple dealers, but no one can do your shopping for you.

• joelcoqui

I know that I've been to about 6 yards more than once. But there are manufacturers that aren't in my immediate area.

• Steve Garrison

Here's a couple of samples from our newly completed build...this is basement bar & a bathroom. If you like the look I can dig up the name?

joelcoqui thanked Steve Garrison
  • joelcoqui

troutguy5 thats the real thing....but no not exactly . thank you tho

• Phaedra Dowell
    troutguy, I live that pattern. could you dig up the name? thanks!
  • joelcoqui

The Silestone PEARL JASMINE would be perfect if it didnt have a slight gray background. Need that bright white.

• joelcoqui

Its a macaubas granite

• Steve Garrison

Phaedra, the supplier marked our slabs as Gyotto Quartzite. Not sure if that's the same as "macaubas". But yes, it has a very clean, white look. I can post more pics if you wish? What we did to make house more interesting is put various countertops in different bathrooms instead of making them all the same; plus the slabs are remnants in some cases.

• joelcoqui

I love the Ella but it is a creamy color... not bright white.

Stephanie McDowell - Designer, Kenwood Kitchens

What about Cambria Swanbridge or Weybourne? I did Swanbridge with a bright white cabinet and it looked nice. Or Caesarstone Frosty Carrina, Calacatta Nuvo, or Statuario Maximus? Silestone Helix is a neat pattern but I think might be a little too gray for what you're looking for

joelcoqui thanked Stephanie McDowell - Designer, Kenwood Kitchens
  • fancyxx
    The last 3 are from Bedrosians, I think they have the best “look alike marble”
  • joelcoqui

The frosty carrina is much too subtle. and the nuvo and maximus looks pretty fake but they are nice. They are on the bottom of my list of considerations.Swanbridge is creamy white. If you took that and made it bright white and put some real long veins in it, that would be great. But its not out there. thanks for the advice though. Im gonna have to go see these in person again.

• joelcoqui

There is no bedrosian near me.... 550 miles away. My search continues.

• fancyxx
    I’m pretty sure they deliver. But I can understand wanting to see it in person first.
  • fancyxx
    If shipping is an option for you try the magnifica slab in luxe white or Lincoln super white— both are flawless.

https://www.bedrosians.com/en/product/detail/magnifica-slab/?itemNo=DOLMAGLIN6012612BP. The magnifica is flawless
  • joelcoqui

The lincoln is gorgeous but this is porcelain... not quartz. UGHHHH

• ekms

Silestone Eternal Statuario is a bright white quartz. It has longer veining with smaller areas of veining. In person, the veining is much more subtle than what you see online. To me, it looks more natural than some of the other options

MSI Calacatta Vincenza is also white. It's veining is smaller (i.e., not long and linear).

• chocolatebunny123

I have nothing to add except Cambria Ella reminds me of an EKG showing asystole.

(I work at a hospital)

Diane Kremer, ASID CID

The only way to do it is to go to the dealers and check the slabs. I would not recommend marble as it is a bear on maintenance. Quartz is the best, you have to live with the options over natural stone. You have to do the leg work to find what you want.

D Old Granite LLC

yes Gioto quartzite is the best option; engineered quartz will soon be outdated; engineered is in its learning curve; engineered is not bullet-proof, .... and a long list of cons

• Phaedra Dowell
    thank you troutguy!
  • ahiastate

Cambria Ironsbridge seems like exactly what you are asking for.

• ahiastate

Cambria Ironsbridge

The Kitchen Place

I'm wondering if there's a reason not a lot of large vein mixed with small vein options. I bet its part of a manufacturing issue. Like baking a marble cake....kinda hard to make swirls different sizes?

I think I said I would post the MSI Calacatta that went in to one of our new displays this week. Here it is.... MUCH more gorgeous in real life....as they always are. :-)

• joelcoqui

I think I'm down to pental Misterio or Silestone Pearl Jasmine ( which is white and gray background) or LG Karis.

• 25jude

Did you end up choosing one yet @joelcoqui?

• joelcoqui

I'm still not sure. I think there's more out there that I'm missing. I am leaning towards the pental Misteri

• that_tile_girl

Pental Misterio and Avenza would be a good option for you. Misterio has that overall swirly pattern you mention whereas Avenza is a very bright white quartz with bold veins and subtle background veining. Best of luck!