Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nibbles816

I need help w closet!!!!! Redo-ing first floor

Nicky Marie
5 years ago

I'm in a pickle & need some serious advice! We are revamping the first floor...new kitchen, new floors, windows, new header, moving walls, etc. We cannot agree on what to do with the hallway area & sitting room. Our designer wants to build an entryway with a huge closet & bench. We like it BUT not sure how it will affect the other room. Building a closet will go into the other room 2ft. If you look at her plan, the BLUE line is our window which will butt up against the back of the new closet. My ques is....will this look weird that the window is so close to the new wall?? And that the couch is placed in front of the window area? I also attached a pic of the room as of now to help with a visual.

My family doesn't like it very much so our next option was to either (refer to my lovely sketch :)...1) move the bench down 3' & use the space on the sitting room side as a built-in to create the effect that there's space next to the window. OR 2) make an archway into the room. If I do the archway will the closet area look weird as a freestanding area or better if it goes straight to the outside wall? The reason I would like some kind of wall/barrier is because the den is on the other side & i want to drown out the sound when people are watching tv/talking. Ughhhhh My other option is to move the closet area entirely to another spot by the garage & just have a simple wall with an archway in the center

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH