0

Testing if I can put a photo in 2.

Helen Agius (Adelaide,Sth Aus) USDA Z10b
last modified: February 16, 2019

2nd test. Different link. Nope! Sigh

• Karen S. (7b, NYC)

I've heard folks are struggling w/ this so I'll try as well. Posting from a laptop using Google Chrome.

My hydro grown Sans, about 10 yrs. old now.

Seems to work here, hum ....

• geoforce

I'd say I've had varied luck on this. Sometimes it posts okay on the new thread and sometimes not. Haven't had any problems posting photos in comments though, so if it doesn't post at first just put it in a comment to your own thread.

• Karen S. (7b, NYC)

Good point Geo, thx. Hadn't considered distinction btwn the 2, initiating post vs. commenting.

• cactusmcharris, interior BC Z4/5

geo, I've initiated a post, and also commented on another, and been able to insert pictures. What I haven't been able to do is insert a certain picture (that I've saved several different ways) of an Aloe vera in flower. It seems any rendition of it is cursed / not allowed. Strange.

• Karen S. (7b, NYC)

I tried posting pic to thread I tried to initiate at Sans., Houseplants & Using Houzz. I left it loading for 10 minutes, came back another 10 min. later & it had dropped back to another Houzz thread. Not great, but bearable (assuming one can still post pix via "Comments") as opposed to the issues I'm seeing from those posting by phone. I only use the Houzz Photo to post, not the other, plain 'Photo' icon.

• Helen Agius (Adelaide,Sth Aus) USDA Z10b

Thanks Karen. Yes I can post in the comments after I've posted the original question. But there seems to be nothing that allows me to insert a photo in the first post. Very annoying. I use my smart phone because I don't have a computer, but I don't use the app, just the bookmark link.

• geoforce

Cactus... Could be the size or possibly the type of jpeg. Some sites have trouble with the progressive ones which change resolutions as they finish loading. If I can't get one to load after a few tries, I generally take it into photoshop and change the size and/or resolution and this often helps.

• cactusmcharris, interior BC Z4/5

geo, thanks, and I thought of that. I resized it to a smaller version and still no go.

• tanpexoctics Willis

It is a shame that they changed it from way it was . I can barely write text in, and seems now I have lost ability to comment on my post and insert photos ,guess want be able to like soon either

I agree. Frustration abounds for many of us. I hope it's not getting worse! I haven’t heard of not being able to comment - especially on your own post.

We need a forum here that helps us with working this updated forum! Lol

• tanpexoctics Willis

I tried this morning and yesterday on my post didn't work ..even tried desktop version not mobile, still didn't work

Way it goes I guess ,seems like I read somewhere back month ago houzz was having some finance issues

• Barb in Eastern North Carolina, zone 8

I used to use and enjoy this forum a lot. But now it is so hard to use, so many ads, hard to navigate, etc. I rarely come here any more but miss it.

• cactusmcharris, interior BC Z4/5

Barb, you should come back more! I find if I stay away from anything that has that atrociously-spelled 'Houzz' in the address line (like now - it's just www.gardenweb.com......) and use Adblock or the like, this isn't too bad. It is a free service and, like Dylan said, ya gotta pay somebody, but I understand your feelings.