0

Has anyone used cabinet pulls made of zinc?

HU-476065096

Just wondering if zinc is a softer, less sturdy material than stainless, nickel or brass?

Yes it scratches easily , has an interesting patina with use. I much prefer stainless pulls less hassle to keep clean ans stand up to all the stuff involved in a kitchen

• rantontoo

A lot of companies make handles out of zinc, and then put a variety of metal-colored finishes on them. Mine have held up fine, but I chose ones that had some “heft” to them instead of feeling really light.

• Fori

I suspect most of us have, even when we think we aren't. Modern nickel hardware, for example, isn't nickel. Chrome isn't solid chrome either. Brass? Sometimes.

Most knobs, whatever they look like on the outside, are going to be a zinc alloy, brass, or steel on the inside and the main issue is how good the plating (or other finish) is, not the underlying material.