0

Bamboo in upstate New York vs. Engineered

ljes

Hi all -- I have a flooring issue - our floor was built using particle board as a subfloor (above a layer of ply) -- but it severely limits my floor choices to a floating click lock solution (or tile) -- We're doing a kitchen, dining room, living room and foyer (open layout) - and going back and forth between the bamboo and the engineered....do i need to worry about the humidity up here? it varies a bit...Also - three kids under 10, a dog, and you know...life....thoughts/experiences?? thanks so much!!

• suzanne_sl

On how tough bamboo flooring is, it's tough. We installed it in our S. CA house when we had a Golden Retriever with no problems. We also installed it when we moved to N. CA where we have a couple of rambunctious grandchildren running around. No problem! I splatter liquids in the kitchen, people come in with wet feet (we've had a lot of rain!), and the cat barfs on the floor in the middle of the night. Nothing fazes it. We don't generally have enough humidity to talk about, so that I'm not sure about.

ljes thanked suzanne_sl
    Oak & Broad

We send plenty of Solid Plank floors to upstate NY. An Engineered product should be just fine. Your installers will the be final say on site.