Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
delala_2000

CandD Plants, My Order in a Black Hole?

Anybody had some experience with ordering at C and D Plants. I have not heard back from them in over 3 weeks. The site seems to have been updated as recently as January 2019, it says to resubmit if there is no reply within 3 days! I get the message that messages were sent successfully but no indication anything is happening after 3 tries now...There is no way to reach out via phone, email or street address. What's the trick???

Comments (24)

• aloebot
    5 years ago

I'll let you know in about 2 more days. I put in an order last night.

Alain (Pacifica, CA;10a) thanked aloebot
  • cactusmcharris, interior BC Z4/5
    5 years ago
    last modified: 5 years ago

Bill, aren't they physically close to you? Was this Nipple-Shirt Guy's place?

• aloebot
    5 years ago

Ha Ha, I think they are in San Clemente.. Is nipple-shirt guy the one who always wears mesh? If so, not the same.

5 years ago

Yes, that fellow.

• Alain (Pacifica, CA;10a)
    Original Author
    5 years ago

I did placed my order after the notice that they were back, maybe a backlog...Let's see what happens to Aloebot's order.

• aloebot
    5 years ago

I got a response today. It said they will get back to me soon. I think that means they will be checking stock and send me what the bill is so I can send my check. I'll keep you updated. If you still haven't gotten a response it might possibly be what device you sent your request with. I sent mine through my PC.

Original Author
    5 years ago

Hmmm, I am using a PC too. Windows 10. I just gave it another try using Google Chrome instead of Microsoft Edge. Just in case it has to do with device/platform. My luck will be that they now run out of what I ordered 3 weeks ago :(

Original Author
    5 years ago

Well, still no luck :(, no acknowledgement that my order went through 4 days after my last try, maybe I am blacklisted....

5 years ago

Alain, perhaps Bill can be asked to intercede on your behalf in researching your order. He's an extremely nice fellow.

Alain (Pacifica, CA;10a) thanked cactusmcharris, interior BC Z4/5
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Yes, indeed I'd appreciate that. I think Bill is waiting to hear back from C&D when the communication with a person will be established. Right now it was just an automated reply. Thanks in advance Bill for letting me know how it progresses.

• aloebot
    5 years ago

Alain, I got my invoice and sent off a check. Do you think it would work if I placed your order but gave your address info. The invoice I got had my address on it and I had to add my zip code. I am not great on a computer, but I think there should be a way I could relay the invoice to you. The procedure is to send the invoice with your check for payment. What do you think?

Original Author
    5 years ago

I am happy to try that if you are up to it. I can PM you the order and contact info. Thanks for the help!

5 years ago

Alain, see, I told you he's that kind of fellow. Stand and deliver!

Alain (Pacifica, CA;10a) thanked cactusmcharris, interior BC Z4/5
  • aloebot
    5 years ago

No problem. I'll be looking for it.

Original Author
    5 years ago

Bill, I think the message option on your Houzz page is not on. Can't find it :(

• aloebot
    5 years ago

Alain, click on aloebot. It will bring up a page I guess is mine. There are 4 tabs and one of them says message. Click on that an leave your order. Tell me here when I should look for it. My order is supposed to arrive tomorrow.

• aloebot
    5 years ago

Alain, I guess the above is not correct. I tried just now to make my profile look different and it doesn't look like it worked. Can you tell me how to make it so I can receive messages. It looks like my settings got changed when Houzz changed everything. One more thing I dislike about them.

Original Author
    5 years ago

On Your Houzz" tab, click on "Edit Profile and Settings" On the left of the page, under Account, select "Advance Settings". Scroll down the page till the Privacy section, there is the question about allowing people to send messages where you can choose options. That should work, I think!

• aloebot
    5 years ago
    last modified: 5 years ago

I went to the privacy section. I earlier clicked allow anyone to message me. There is still no message box showing up on my profile. Maybe the 2nd try will work. If that doesn't work, I sent you a message with my Email.

• tsugajunkie z5 SE WI ♱
    5 years ago

The message box is there. For whatever reason we cannot see our own "Message" box.

tj

5 years ago

Bill, you have to follow someone if you want to message them, but I could be wrong about that.

• tsugajunkie z5 SE WI ♱
    5 years ago

No longer need to follow folks. Fortunately Houzz corrected that. If you click on aloebots name you will see the Message box.

tj

Original Author
    5 years ago

Ok, I can see the Message box now so all good. Got your message too. Will follow up soon.