Comments (33)

• PRO
    juaglad
    Original Author
    5 years ago
    Add other pictures
  • ci_lantro
    5 years ago

What's wrong is that you have all vertical lines on the French door wall. (Tall clock/ tall china cabinet/ vertical blinds) Move either the clock or the china cabinet & replace with something (like a console) that makes a horizontal statement.

• PRO
    RL Relocation LLC
    5 years ago

I can only look at all the curtains, curtain rods, curtain rod holders, and vertical blinds. The curtain rods are where the curtains should be, not lowered as you have them now.

The vertical 80's blinds should be tossed doesn't look like you need anything covering those beautiful doors. The lamp on a table that looks very lonely by the fire place. put that on the table between the two chairs.

Take down the itty bitty thing over the mirror. And loose the fake cherry tree. Slide the floor lamp to the right side of the sofa, put the little end table in front of it.

I see now this is the same house with the gallery wall!

• PRO
    juaglad
    Original Author
    5 years ago
    Yes, can't visualize
  • PRO
    RL Relocation LLC
    5 years ago

really I want to reconstruct the whole room.

• PRO
    RL Relocation LLC
    5 years ago

• PRO
    juaglad
    Original Author
    5 years ago
    What should I put on top of the French doors, I did have valance? Or art frame?..
  • PRO
    RL Relocation LLC
    5 years ago

Nothing. You do not need anything up there. let the doors speak for themselves.

• PRO
    RL Relocation LLC
    5 years ago

If you are trying to update the room, dont clutter it with a bunch of "old" ideas and items, less is more.

• PRO
    juaglad
    Original Author
    5 years ago
    Will like to send another picture, there another open space for the foyer
  • PRO
    juaglad
    Original Author
    5 years ago
    Two more picture foyer
  • PRO
    Flo Mangan
    5 years ago

I'm with RL Relocation on this. Remove those red sheers or whatever they are. If you want drapes, choose a color close to your wall color. Reduce distractions of miscellaneous items. You might want to take everything out of the room and then add back as RL outlined in her posting. Hard to see what all the items in the space are, but removing several pieces, especially the tall ones, will help the overall look a lot.

• PRO
    RL Relocation LLC
    5 years ago

and if you hang curtains, hang them off the old rods. But I would look into roman shades or very simple light curtain. You could also put the blue chairs on either side of the fireplace.

Here are some "modern" formal rooms.

• PRO
    RL Relocation LLC
    5 years ago

Curtains look much better the way they where.

ok so just move the display cabinet to where the fake tree is.

• PRO
    RL Relocation LLC
    5 years ago

• PRO
    RL Relocation LLC
    5 years ago

Here is another option, eliminating the beige chair

• PRO
    juaglad
    Original Author
    5 years ago
    What type curtains should I do?
  • PRO
    RL Relocation LLC
    5 years ago

First get the room right, but like Flo said above a soft neutral. Or roman shades.

• PRO
    juaglad
    Original Author
    5 years ago
    My husband will not like it, is his favor, even in that spot I have it. Can we go around ,leaving that chair where it is?
  • PRO
    juaglad
    Original Author
    5 years ago
    I purchased this curtain and use curtain ring on top of the bronze rod
  • PRO
    juaglad
    Original Author
    5 years ago
    It that will work. My husband is very traditional and I have to go around to meet my style, I think I more transitional
  • PRO
    RL Relocation LLC
    5 years ago

we cant move the beige chair? or we cant remove it?

• PRO
    RL Relocation LLC
    5 years ago

if nothing else angle the blue chairs.

• PRO
    Flo Mangan
    5 years ago

Do you mean your husband wants the red drapes? If he likes that color, then try using that color in a new rug. Anything but window treatments. You have to make all the changes so the "entire" space is improved and you don't pick at single elements. A well laid out room with nice features, can surprise even the most resistant man! Been there, done that.

• PRO
    juaglad
    Original Author
    5 years ago
    Like this
  • PRO
    juaglad
    Original Author
    5 years ago
    No Flo he likes the beige chair and where I have it
  • PRO
    juaglad
    Original Author
    5 years ago
    He can compromise with the red curtain.
  • PRO
    juaglad
    Original Author
    5 years ago
    Those are the rug I have here
  • PRO
    RL Relocation LLC
    5 years ago
    Is there a tv in here? Or some reason he cannot try it moved?
  • PRO
    Flo Mangan
    5 years ago

Looks like that beige chair faces a fireplace? Keep helping us understand the space.

• PRO
    Flo Mangan
    5 years ago

The dark red curtains are biggest issue. I would take those down ASAP. That will create a more open, light feeling to the space which will be very beneficial. Is this mainly formal living room?

• PRO
    juaglad
    Original Author
    5 years ago
    My husband like to listen the radio,rest there without seeing what is going around the rest of the house and is a little bit private w/ the wall in the back, but not enclose in a small library or room.
    About the red curtain is going to be out , sent picture before of new curtain light and soft.
    Is a formal room, no TV