Kamala Harris Refuses To Blame Jussie Smollett For His Crimes

Becca Reese

Kamala Harris has put forth an insipid and wholly predictable response to the expected revelation that Jussie Smollett perpetrated a massively hurtful, despicable race crime hoax. Instead of apologizing to the millions she implicated as being tacitly responsible for this "crime" vis a vis Trump and support of him (and yeah, we all know exactly what she was implying), she wrote this rambling tweet which spends more time blaming Trump and his supporters (because yeah, we all know exactly what she is implying), than the gay, black man who constructed a hoax crime not seen since Tawana Brawley.

Kamala, I'm "sad, frustrated and disappointed" that you jumped on the bandwagon and lashed out calling this a "modern-day lynching" to gin up your anti-lynching legislation. I'm further all of those things because you not only refuse to show any remorse for your bigotry and sense of moral superiority, but you refuse to hold Smollett singularly responsible for his crimes.

"At the same time"...forget everything Kamala says before this, and read what she really wants to say after this. That "eraser" phrase releases Smollett of his responsibility and his crimes, after all, what we MUST do is "speak the truth".

Whatever that now meaningless term means.

You see, it's simply not Jussie's fault and we should divert our attention away from his crimes and get back to focusing on the message of victimhood.

https://dailycaller.com/2019/02/21/kamala-harris-smollett-arrested/

Democratic California Sen. Kamala Harris released a statement Thursday evening about the arrest of “Empire” actor Jussie Smollett. Smollett was charged with disorderly conduct for filing a false police report after allegedly orchestrating a fake hate crime last month.

“Like most of you, I’ve seen the reports about Jussie Smollett, and I’m sad, frustrated, and disappointed. When anyone makes false claims to police, it not only diverts resources away from serious investigations but it makes hit more difficult for other victims of chimer to come forward,” her statement began. “At the same time, we must speak the truth: hate crimes are on the rise in America.”

• catkinZ8a

Chicago's Cook County AG Kimm Foxx recuses herself in the Smollett case, why?

Her mentor is/was Kamala Harris. Such a big happy extended family they all are.

http://time.com/5533436/prosecutor-recused-jussie-smollett-case/

______________________________________________________

Kim Foxx‏ @KimFoxxforSA

FollowFollow @KimFoxxforSA

More

I’m so excited that @KamalaHarris has decided to run for president. I would not be where I am today without her guidance during my first run for political office, and she has continued to mentor me as I work to reform the criminal justice system in Cook County. —KF

At the anti-lynch rally.

Then, the other day, the president of Times Up, Lisa Borders, just up and resigns!

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/times-up-president-lisa-borders-resigns-1187704

• Becca Reese

catkinZ8a

Foxx had bigger fish to fry than the biggest race hoax scandal in Chicago's history! She had to dump the Smollett case to dash off to Hollywood and rub elbows with celebs and go to Oscar parties.

• cattyles

Dockside, they figured out a way to use it against Harris. Watch, Booker will be smeared somehow tomorrow.

• catkinZ8a

LOL, that's no secret it was their anti-lynching bill.

• kaych

"Sources on the 'Empire' set tell us the cast and crew were waiting at least 30 minutes for Jussie to begin the scheduled scene. When he eventually showed his face he was very emotional, and surrounded by his family," says a report from TMZ.

Smollett apparently told the cast: "I’m sorry I’ve put you all through this and not answered any calls. I wanted to say I’m sorry and, you know me, I would never do this to any of you, you are my family. I swear to God, I did not do this."

Smollett then reportedly left the set. According to TMZ sources, "it was obvious Jussie had been crying a lot, so producers said he would have to come back later. He did, and we're told he is currently shooting the scene."

• cait1

This chickie wants to be prez yet isn't taking the Smollett hoax seriously.

It's not just about Smollett wasting Chi PD time and money, but US Federal Agencies - the FBI and US Postal Service - that she would be in charge of.

Something about the envelope must have raised concerns. Smollett would
    later tell police that he and Empire’s executive producer donned gloves
    before they opened it and exposed themselves to a threat letter covered
    in white powder. Police logged the time as 2:30 p.m.

The powder was later determined to be crushed Tylenol, according to reports....

As Smollett reported the attack to police, a multi-agency federal
    investigation into the source of the threat letter was entering its
    seventh day.

Headed by the FBI’s Chicago Field Office, the terroristic threat
    investigation is being assisted by one of America’s oldest and most
    underestimated law enforcement agencies: The United States Postal
    Inspection Service
    .

http://www.cwbchicago.com/2019/02/smollett-threat-letter-called-enormous.html

So as prez would she dismiss what happened cuz he's gay and black and tell the FBI/USPS to back off from investigations?

Smollett is in a lot more trouble than the MSM is letting on. Once the Feds get a hold of him... buh bye.

• cait1

Jussie had been crying a lot

Because he knows what's coming.

• catkinZ8a

cattyles

Catkin, you’re embarrassing yourself.

____________________________________________________

SEE ABOVE

You may challenge another's point of view or opinion, but do so respectfully and thoughtfully, without insult and personal attack.

• mayflowers

All the trash will be taken out with trump. That will be a good day for America!

• MissMyGardens

She responded to the alleged hoax...plea deal or jury will decide. You just want her to issue a more personal smokin' condemnation of someone she's known. We all know nothing she says about this or anything else will fail to evoke similar "interpretation" from you and others.

As said so many times here on HT "you don't get to tell me what words to say" or "put words in my mouth". The rest is just BS editorializing. Have at it.

“Like most of you, I’ve seen the reports about Jussie Smollett, and
    I’m sad, frustrated, and disappointed. When anyone makes false claims to
    police, it not only diverts resources away from serious investigations
    but it makes hit more difficult for other victims of chimer to come
    forward,” her statement began. “At the same time, we must speak the
    truth: hate crimes are on the rise in America.”

Kamala Harria

• chase_gw

Nothing wrong with Harris' comments in my view. She can't say he is guilty but she certainly made it clear she is annoyed and frustrated by what he did. I think her reference to hate crimes was because there is a worry that this stupid man's actions will cause other complaints to be dismissed.

At least she commented.... has Trump spoken yet about the domestic terrorist with a hit list of the people Trump regularly goes after in anger and contempt? Do you suppose he has contacted them directly to express his disgust ? You know like he did when Clinton, CNN and other "enemies" of his had pipe bombs delivered to them.......oh wait

• d_gw

David Hogg, AOC, Kamala Harris, Corry Booker, etc. - the irrational HATE that some have for these people is so strong there is nothing that that could be said or done that would ever satisfy. One of them could cure cancer and people in HT would invent some bizarre reason to attack them about it.

• Really

This way, they do not have time to worry about Epstein, Acosta, Stone, Acosta, Cohen, Hassan, national debt, and so on.

• mrskjun

Ahhh gee, looks like some aren't happy with karma. Get used to it. We've taken it for the past two years. Thanks for giving us so much to work with.

Becca Reese thanked mrskjun
  • cattyles

And so on. Don’t forget Kushner dealing nukes with Saudi Arabia for a personal bailout.

• cecily 7A

Cattyles, that was all part of Jared's plan for middle eastern peace: if both sides have nukes they won't fight. Mutually assured destruction has historic precedent.

• mayflowers

Let's be clear about what Kamala Harris tweeted on Jan. 29:

Jussie Smollett is one of the kindest, most gentle human beings I know. I’m praying for his quick recovery.

This was an attempted modern day lynching. No one should have to fear for their life because of their sexuality or color of their skin. We must confront this hate.

To which Becca claims:

Instead of apologizing to the millions she implicated as being tacitly responsible for this "crime".....

Now let's be clear about what Becca is doing. Based solely on this tweet, she's attempting to label Harris as a bigot against whites, a political hit job a la dirty tricksters Roger Stone and Karl Rove. This is the first shot of many to come as she tries to build her case that Harris is a bigot. Problem is, at the time of her tweet, the only known information was that he had been attacked, a substance poured on him, and a rope placed around his neck. No information had been released about the attackers yelling "This is MAGA country." So who are these millions Harris implicated? The truth is Kamala Harris implicated no one and she has nothing to apologize for.

It's funny that Becca didn't post all of Harris' second tweet, which was in the Daily Caller article. Maybe she doesn't want you to know the statistics of the rise in hate crimes in Trump's America.

• Really

It's about their marching orders. They are spreading the word about the dangers of Harris and Booker.

• dandyfopp

Now come on Mayflowers, How can one post endless outraged screeds if they give away the game by posting the truth straight out of the gate?

• dandyfopp

Yes I look around daily and wonder how white people have managed to get this far with all the abhorrent racism they have faced.. It is amazing!!

• mayflowers

Now come on Mayflowers, How can one post endless outraged screeds if
    they give away the game by posting the truth straight out of the gate?

They aren't bright enough to remember we saw them do the same thing to Obama. There's a racism behind trying to label a black candidate as racist against whites. It's a lazy tactic too. They might try something new this time because this is going to get old by the time the election gets here.

• jerzeegirl

Kamala's statement was absolutely correct.

• dandyfopp

Do tell!

• rhoder551 zone 9b-10

I always wonder why white supremacists think they're so great.... I don't see it. Wish one of them would enlighten me.

• catkinZ8a

When Chicago's mayor Rahm Emmanuel slams the media/pundits/anyone for rushing to judgment on Smollett hoax, something's fishy.

• maifleur01

I too have to agree with her statement because it has little to do with her justifying what he did but expressing the truth that he hurt others who will or have been attacked in various ways but will now be disbelieved because of his actions. Anyone that does not believe hate crimes of all types are on the rise in this country is simply living under a very large boulder. It does not matter if the hate crimes are race, religion, or political party there are more of them since Trump decided to run and made it plain that he accepts that type of behavior.

• mayflowers

We are going to need Emily Post to advise us on how to handle future hate crime victims.

Dear Victim,

Since it is too early to determine if you are just hoaxing us about being the victim of a hate crime, I'd like to offer my condolences on the condition that you are telling the truth. If it's determined that you lied, my condolences are immediately void.

Cautiously yours,

Someone Famous

• cattyles

Mayflowers, I can’t remember which comedian said it, maybe Mitch Hedberg.

• mayflowers

Said what, catty?

• cattyles

I was raised by a pack of wild corn dogs.

• nancy_in_venice_ca Sunset 24 z10

Kamala Harris really has scared the GOP -- much more than Booker apparently.

Send in the attack poodles!

• mayflowers

Agenda-driven propaganda to ensure trump is re-elected. The ones who spread it are the smart ones and they know exactly what they're doing. The ones who believe it are the dumb ones. Our democracy suffers.

• Lily613

At a party I gave tonight I told the guests that Harris is the one the wingers fear. They asked how I knew and I said because the wingers in a forum I go to are on her constantly. They never mention Gillibrand or Castro or others. I said ...wait for it, shocker.,... she dated a married man who was separated from his wife for 12 years. They all burst out laughing saying...they DO know the sexist pig they elected, don't they?

• cattyles

I think they’ll get around to smearing the others, too. They’re on Bernie now.

• Stan Areted

With material like Harris, Booker and Bernie provide, coupled with the feeding at the trough community organizer types, democrats are smearing themselves.

We just have to watch.

• Embothrium

Trump didn't (and doesn't) just "accept" racist behavior, he promotes it. And he's done it more than a "few" times.

• cattyles

Stan, who do you think would be a good nominee for the Dems?

• nancy_in_venice_ca Sunset 24 z10

They have chainlink barricades now?

When we protested Bush's Iraq lies at the Oscars there were no chainlink barricades. The entire area in front of the theater was surrounded by security, but we could gather at the adjacent intersection -- without portable fencing in front of us.

• Stan Areted

cattyles:

Stan, who do you think would be a good nominee for the Dems

None of the names most mentioned--not only because I wouldn't want to see them as president, but because I don't think they'll be particulary successful candidates, the starting gate is a little embarrassing. Much like the Repubicans with all those high hopes for the 2016 election and a lot of them got taken to the woodshed, so to speak, by rejection of the electorate.

There are several younger democrats that look interesting that could be a dark horse and appeal to more independents and even some republicans, but I don't know of any that have enough experience or name recognition to beat out the money behind the candidates that already have plans to crowd out anyone else.

But who knows, Barack Obama didn't have any credible accomplishments in life, just a good backstory at the right place at the right time and people who put their money on him, primarily to stop Hilary.

SO anything's possible. Even Biden, who I used to like he's okay, I just don't see getting in and winning. If one of the known candidates or likely candidates wind up winning the election, I guess he'd be least objectionable to me.

• Stan Areted

cattyles:

That is actually funny.

• kaych

That rhetoric isn't working anymore no matter how loud the lefties get.

Listen (up to 19:30) & learn what a growing number of black Americans are saying:

Becca Reese thanked kaych
  • kaych

I'm still curious about...

Becca Reese thanked kaych
  • Stan Areted

Ha--they each look like a canary is about to fly out of their mouths!

• kaych

Stan Areted

I agree with all that, but I'm still waiting to see if MO joins in the fray. Does anyone know when the last date to enter is?

• cattyles

She’s not.

• Stan Areted

Why would she?

• kaych

She’s not.

So do you think she's waiting for 2024 when she can at least have a chance?

• nancy_in_venice_ca Sunset 24 z10

If Kamala Harris is such a non-threat in 2020, why are Trump supporters so invested in attacking her every word and action?