Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nevabeth

Suggestions for this kitchen cabinet fail?

Beth Boyd
5 years ago
We moved into our new build a year ago. From the start I knew I wanted my kitchen and pantry cabinets to have square feet with no trim around them and both our contractor and the cabinet guy said “no problem”. I gave them pictures. Cabinets were installed and looked good, but when they installed the countertops they had to level them and then the cabinet feet were off the ground. Their solution was to put quarter-round around all the feet which looked terrible. They couldn’t come up with a trim solution that wasn’t awful, and the contractor blamed the cabinet maker and the cabinet maker the contractor, and we were just desperate to get our year long construction finished so we could move in. So I had them remove the quarter round, caulk the gaps and paint the back board black. Looked ok from a distance but it has bothered me every day. I am going to have the contractor come back to discuss solutions but thought some of you may have some good ideas. I have attached pictures from a distance and up close as well as a picture of our adjoining pantry since it has quarter round trim. It looks ok (not great) because the floors are white. TIA.
Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH