lena_m_

Cohen Testimony II

Can't handle the heat.

• ubro
    last year

I'm completely incensed with those on the left cheering on this self-serving previously unknown piece of trash, proving beyond a shadow of doubt, how their hatred toward our President reigns supreme over any possible love they could ever have for this country.

You have this backwards it is love of their country over President that motivates them to remove a corrupt leader. Loving a President just because he is a leader is the path to dictatorship.

THOR, Son of ODIN thanked ubro
    Best Answer
  • sunflower_petal
    last year

The conservative angst on this thread was pure pleasure today.

• justerrilynn
    last year
    last modified: last year

All I got out of today was no Russian collusion.

• nancy_in_venice_ca Sunset 24 z10
    last year

The committee was supposed to avoid questioning around the Russia investigation already underway with Mueller.

.

Whatever opinion Cohen may have on collusion and Team Trump, Mueller is the person with the most data on that topic -- his opinions have the most weight.

THOR, Son of ODIN thanked nancy_in_venice_ca Sunset 24 z10
  • justerrilynn
    last year
    last modified: last year

Yes I know that wasn’t the intention. However, to me the result of today was no Russian collusion. That and Cohen digging himself a bigger hole. There was the expected grandstanding. I watched most of it while switching between the summit and don’t know what all the hoopla is about.

• THOR, Son of ODIN
    last year

No lasagna recipes either.

• catspa_zone9sunset14
    last year

Forget Russia and collusion. That was never going to be part of today's hearing as that is Mueller's turf and would not be discussed in a public hearing like this. An interesting part of today's hearing was this part:

"Is there any other wrongdoing or illegal act that you are aware of regarding Donald Trump that we haven't yet discussed today?" Democrat Raja Krishnamoorthi of Illinois asked Cohen, in the middle of the seven-and-and-a-half hour hearing full of stunning, ugly allegations.

Cohen replied: "Yes and again those are a part of the investigation that's currently being looked at by the Southern District of New York."

There's probably more coming down the road, not surprisingly.

• nancy_in_venice_ca Sunset 24 z10
    last year

The result of today's open hearing is that Cohen does not know all there is to know about the activities of Team Trump, and certainly much less than Robert Mueller. Plus we know nothing of the closed-door testimony that Cohen gave.

• THOR, Son of ODIN thanked Annie Deighnaugh
  • Annie Deighnaugh
    last year

If there is a whole organizational structure with multiple crimes in multiple areas, it could be a scenario for a rico violation...

• justerrilynn
    last year
    last modified: last year

Well, you hold on to that. RICO has a four-year statute of limitations and there has to be multiple same related type crimes. If Trump falls into that category he will have to pay the price. If he doesn’t what’s next on the list?

• Annie Deighnaugh
    last year

I used to think that there would be a problem with a transition of power if trump loses in 2020, but then again, I don't think he'll lose. putin wants him to win and trump has been doing what he can to see that it happens including getting rid of the federal organization which oversees election integrity and now he's doing the same with the DHS cyber crimes: https://www.thedailybeast.com/trumps-dhs-guts-task-forces-protecting-elections-from-foreign-meddling

Two teams of federal officials assembled to fight foreign election interference are being dramatically downsized, according to three current and former Department of Homeland Security officials. And now, those sources say they fear the department won’t prepare adequately for election threats in 2020.

“The clear assessment from the intelligence community is that 2020 is going to be the perfect storm,” said a DHS official familiar with the teams. “We know Russia is going to be engaged. Other state actors have seen the success of Russia and realize the value of disinformation operations. So it’s very curious why the task forces were demoted in the bureaucracy and the leadership has not committed resources to prepare for the 2020 election.”

After all, putin manages to hold elections and win by a landslide every time, so I'm sure he'll be firmly ensconced in the US election system by 2020 esp since apparently no one is stopping him, and instead trump is throwing roadblocks in the way by trying to obstruct the mueller investigation.

• mayflowers
    last year
    last modified: last year

Chris Christie, former federal prosecutor, was one of the commentators on ABC and he said trump should be very worried about the SDNY. Mueller might find no conclusive evidence that Trump conspired but that's far from the end of his legal problems. The man's corrupt and it will all come out.

• Joaniepoanie
    last year

I didn't get no Russian collusion at all. I think Cohen said "that he knew of." But he knew about the TT meeting with Donnie, etc. Russia was barely mentioned...that's Mueller's territory. And I thought the only hole Cohen dug had Trump's name on it. The check to pay Cohen back, he talked about Trumps tax evasion, real estate fraud, lying. Guess we have to wait to see how this all plays out. Today was definitely not a bust as the right seems to think.

• Joaniepoanie
    last year

Becca Reese

Who commented that? How could he stay in the WH? That doesn't make
    sense. Maybe it makes sense to the "way out there" libs-but to those of
    us with common sense? Uh-no.

Today's dog and pony show was a bust. Dems have given up on collusion. So all they've got is hysteria about Trump not leaving office in 2020, which is hilarious.

-------

Oh dear god....way off base yet again Becca.

The "he thinks he's king" didn't register as sarcasm? Meaning he won't go willingly. I actually did hear pundits joking that Trump won't leave the WH if he loses because he'll say the election was rigged. Then they joked that it wouldn't be surprising to see security escorting him out of the WH inauguration morning.

• Lily613
    last year

Fordham University said they did get a letter threatening them not to ever release tRumps grades as did every school he ever attended. What a hoot!!! Just listening to him for five seconds you can understand this is a very stupid man.

• dandyfopp
    last year

• Annie Deighnaugh
    last year
    last modified: last year

cohen's testimony was only a bust if you believe that trump is above the law...then, no matter what he's done, it's irrelevant. Otherwise, his testimony was pretty significant...esp since he seemed to be even handed. For example, he didn't slam *everything* trump...rather he defended the president saying he'd not ever hit melania, or that there was no love child.

• dandyfopp
    last year

Yesterday the congress received direct evidence of criminality on the part of the POTUS. As always, the cult just couldn't care less.

• chase_gw
    last year
    last modified: last year

In his testimony Cohen tied Trump directly to Stone and Wikileaks. While not collusion in and of itself it brings Trump even closer to the stolen emails. At the least hugely unethical not that Trump supporters will care.

As far as not wanting to win the election.........I think he wanted to win but he didn't think he would which is why he cheated and why he lied about his Russian dealings.

The man has proven himself a liar over and over again yet the Trump folk beileve him........well guess what folks he is lying to you too.

• Swampy
    last year

Will republican leaders stand for the U.S.A. or stand with Trump?

It's one or the other

• Annie Deighnaugh
    last year

It's not just that the trumplicans stand with a liar...but that they hypocritically dismiss cohen for being a liar. Why is it that trump lies are fine, but anyone else's aren't???

• THOR, Son of ODIN
    last year

"Winning" at any cost is all Cult45 cares about.

• Rina
    last year
    last modified: last year

It appears to me less that Trump's lies are fine to his cult, than that they are ignored, rendered invisible, denied. And I don't mean denied to the extent that they still argue that when he said X he meant Y, or that the issue wasn't an important one, or whatever, but denied to the extent that where there was a lie there is now an empty space. Doesn't exist, can't be thought or talked about. So they can go into moral outrage about Cohen's lies with the utmost ease. It's all very strange.

• graywings123
    last year

I liked the comment from the female representative from the Virgin Islands, speaking after a long-winded speech from a Republican who said this was a waste of time and there were important things for the Congress to be dealing with. She started by saying there were other issues, but fortunately the Democrats were capable of walking and chewing gum at the same time.

• Annie Deighnaugh
    last year

Yes, Rina, it is beyond strange...coming from people who would never condone the behavior in themselves or their families, that they defend in trump on a daily basis.

• THOR, Son of ODIN
    last year

Ryan Knight ‏ @ProudResister
    11

The GOP is behaving like a crime syndicate protecting a mob boss because the GOP is a crime syndicate protecting a mob boss.

• deegw
    last year
    last modified: last year

A commentator on NBC said this morning that all of Cohen's testimony is being scrutinized for lies. If he isn't charged again for lying to congress that means that congressional investigators found no evidence of lying. hmmm.

• vgkg Z-7 Va
    last year
    last modified: last year

cohen said that donald never slapped melania, but he also said that trump hires others to do that kind of work for him.....as hanninnie would say "just saying"

• bob_cville
    last year

It's one or the other

<raising hand enthusiastically> Ooo. I know the answer to this one.

• Swampy
    last year

scary, isnt' it Bob. Their grandparents would know it is treason

• dandyfopp
    last year
    last modified: last year

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Kathy
    last year

Schiff said he answered all questions asked of him today.

• vgkg Z-7 Va
    last year

Dang, we never get to hear the juicy stuff............not yet anyways.

• mtnrdredux_gw
    last year

I don't think our standard should be ...T-rump can do anything he wants as log as he personally cannot be proven beyond a reasonable doubt to have colluded with Russia. Is that our new standard for Presl behavior?

Oh yes, that and no tan suits. I remember now.

I think he has done plenty that is impeachable, and Congress needs to do their job not just wait for Muller.

To me, other that the personal stuff , the most legally damaging thing was that there are other things he knows about but cannot comment on given ongoing investigations. We have no idea what those things are, but they are likely more important than what was covered yesterday.

• Swampy
    last year

Did anyone else not that Cohen doesn't believe Trump is being audited?

• mtnrdredux_gw
    last year

People get out of it what they want to, on both sides. History will out the truth, and I feel pretty comfortable which way that will go. I can be patient.

• Annie Deighnaugh
    last year

The nation was very much behind nixon even after dean's testimony...it wasn't until the tapes came out that public opinion was swayed.

Does anyone here think that trump's base will be moved even if incontrovertible evidence comes out that he committed bank fraud, insurance fraud, tax fraud, obstructed justice, received emoluments *and* broke campaign finance laws? Does anyone think it will matter if I add conspired with russia to win the election?

• cattyles
    last year

Nothing at all will matter to the people still supporting trump.

• Annie Deighnaugh
    last year

Exactly...and instead they're already calling for civil war if trump is impeached.

SOS

• mayflowers
    last year

They tell themselves all kinds of irrational things so they can justify their support for him. It's a strange phenomenon and they seem to be slipping even deeper into whatever it is that's gotten ahold of them. They'll never believe he's guilty of any crime.

• purrmichigan
    last year

They're rigidly and ridiculously outraged by the left; but, they're not so rigid with their own beliefs. Many trumpsters believe they can pick and choose what part of trump and company and his administration that they want and like and claim to have no alignment with trump's immorality, lies, cheating, etc.

I think life doesn't work that way and it's super convenient and dishonest to pretend that it does.

• Ziemia
    last year

No, Annie. His core vase is with him 100% and will remain loyal no matter what.

• AITG
    last year
    last modified: last year

Please don't let anyone talk you into fixing your typo Ziemia.

I get a visual.

Yasee,...vases tend to break around here. ;)

• Maddie AtHome
    last year

No correction of Cohen's testimony by Mueller.

Says it all.

Rhonda Knoche Design
    last year

How do I get out of this convo??!! I didn't comment, sign up or want to be linked to this. While I agree with the viewpoint, this is hardly the appropriate venue or place for a political discussion. Take me out of the convo group if you know how or private message me. Houzz has been of no help. Help me, Rhonda!

• deegw
    last year
    last modified: last year

You can try scrolling all the way down to the bottom of the page and clicking "Click to switch off notifications..." On my PC it is green lettering, very small type. Hope that helps.

Your account activity shows that you commented on the thread last week, that is why you are getting notifications.

• miss lindsey (stillmissesSophie,chase,others)
    last year

Rhonda you might not be able to disengage from this post via your phone or tablet but you should find it with no problem on a desktop.

• writersblock (9b/10a)
    last year
    last modified: last year

I haven't checked my phone, but I have the same green "stop notifications" text on my ipad--it's just farther down the page and very, very tiny.