0
indierhythm

Slab walnut cabinets - aluminum or wood frames for the glass cabinets?

indierhythm

Would love to know what you all think? Cabinet maker just asked if I wanted my glass cabinets to be the same walnut wood veneer used on the rest of the cabinets, or to be aluminum (inside would still be the wood veneer in both cases)... My questions are 1. aesthetics ? 2. how will aluminum hold up in an ocean environment? 3. does aluminum show finger prints? Cabinets designed without handles. First image is an early version of the kitchen concept - details have been tweaked but it is enough to get the idea. Walnut slab style cabinets with whitish counters, stainless steel appliances. Second two are probably the concept of aluminum frames. Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

• sushipup1

No to the aluminum frames. Look cheap.

indierhythm thanked sushipup1

I do not agree I love the look of walnut and aluminum together they play well off each other just like high gloss white and walnut look awesome.

indierhythm thanked Patricia Colwell Consulting
  • krancmm

Also love aluminum (with almost anything). I'm on the TX Gulf Coast and aluminum doesn't corrode. Anodized aluminum shows no fingerprints. Polished aluminum will but is easily cleaned. I think your kitchen will be awesome with it.

indierhythm thanked krancmm
  • indierhythm

That is so helpful to hear krancmm. Thank you!

• Cheryl Hannebauer

like the look... wood & Aluminum

indierhythm thanked Cheryl Hannebauer
  • cpartist

Also like the aluminum look. Doesn't look cheap at all

indierhythm thanked cpartist
  • sprtphntc7a

i don't think it looks cheap, but how much SS do u want to look at? aluminum & SS look very similar. the first pic is your kitchen, more or less, you have quite a few of SS elements., do u want more.

if it doesn't bother you, then go for it, if it does, then pass. no wrong choice, what do love??

i think your first question is the most relevant and only u can answer that.

indierhythm thanked sprtphntc7a