0

Which GW product recommendation did you try and love?

Delilah66

Hands down these wonderful drying cloths! I use them exclusively to dry my shower tiles, glass and faucets to eliminate haze from soap and water residue.

Someone here earned my gratitude and thanks ! Was it Oly?

• d_gw

Good price! I hope you like it :)

• salonva

so I bought the Neutrogena Eye Gel and have been using it for a bit - so far so good. Which is the general moisturizer you are all loving? There are so many Neutrogena hydro products..

• eld6161

Penny, sometimes when I eat the Fage, I sprinkle a little sugar on it. Just a sprinkle! It's enough to help with the sour taste. I get the 0% plain and add strawberries or blueberries.

• graywings123

Darn Tough Socks! I'm in season two of these wool socks. There is not a sign of wear. I especially like them because they are not thick, with a fine gauge knit and 60% merino wool.

• catticusmockingbird

Eld, yeah it's definitely more dessert-like.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Icelandic is another good one similar to Siggi's. Also pricey.

https://www.icelandicprovisions.com/

• Boopadaboo

The book the circadian code is an excellent read or listen on how much sleep we need and intermittent fasting.

• eld6161

I used to buy Icelandic for DH. It is more like yogurt, but still much higher is calories than most. It is tasty. We like the vanilla the best.

We are currently off our yogurt kick.

• cleo07

Ok so a question about the 8/16 eating. I wake up between 4 and 5 am and have my coffee with half and half (about 60 calories of creamer-no sugar). Would this small amount of calories count as the start of my clock because don’t eat again till 10 or so.

I ate paleo for a decade and never felt better but had a surprise baby late and never got back in the habit for more than a month or two. I like the idea of eating less restricted food groups but in a shorter time period.

• cleo07

Also to answer Joanie about the platinum skin care...I have Mediterranean skin and don’t really burn so I am not a crazy person about sunscreen since I don’t burn. But I have over the years developed lots of freckles and pigmented patches on my cheekbones from too much sun (I live at the shore). The peel really faded the patches and the freckling. I’m doing another one next week for 4-5 layers. I should really see a difference. If you go on the site, there is a ton of info and video. You can DM me too as I took a course in it back when I was still in medicine.

• Bluebell66

cleo, I regularly do 18/6 fasting and was recently reading up on it for a refresher so I can help my mother get started. I read that having even a splash of cream in your coffee breaks your fast. (As does artificial sweetener because it can act like sugar in your body.) Black coffee only. I can't do black coffee so I drink tea or just water on fast days.

• catticusmockingbird

I tried the Neutrogena Hydroboost Water Gel moisturizer this morning. Does anyone else find the smell overpowering?

• cleo07

Thanks bluebell...I am not sure I can give up my coffee and I despise black coffee. It was torture giving it up for 9 years for each of 3 pregnancy/breastfeeding time periods. I would get a headache by 8 am if I don’t drink it.

Hmmm this is a tough one as far as my schedule. How many days do you do it ? Like a 5/2 schedule or how many days?

• eld6161

Catticus, glad you mentioned the aroma. I like things very subtle. That would be a deal breaker for me.

• catticusmockingbird

At least the scent didn't linger. I'll keep trying it for now. I typically use CeraVe or Philosophy Renewed Hope in a Jar.

• theclose

Catt, I don’t like scented creams and at first I didn’t like the Neutrogena because of it but I do like the way my skin feels and like you said, the smell doesn’t linger. So I’ll continue to use it.

• Bunny

Catticus, I find the smell way too strong. It's surprising to me. I use a similar Clinique gel and it's scent-free, so the Neutrogena HB WG seems excessive. It's not that I mind scents, but on my face, not so much.

• catticusmockingbird

It was like someone walked into my bathroom with too much perfume on. Within a couple minutes the scent was gone, so I'm not tossing a $17 jar just yet.

• Bunny

I'm not tossing it either, but until my current jar of Clinique is gone, I'm not actually using it. I have tossed hair products that smell bad on my hair. Those scents tend to stay with you and ripen (i.e., get worse) as the day progresses.

• catticusmockingbird

Doing a test. Fifteen minutes ago I put some on the back of my hand. I can still smell it. That's not good.

How anyone can think it smells great is beyond me. Look at the reviews.

I tossed a Sebastian hair spray that was recommended here. The scent was very strong and it lingered. Even seemed to intensify when I walked outdoors into the humidity.

• justerrilynn

Dog lovers might like this window seat cover I use as a sofa protector . I just ordered another as a backup. One of my leather sofas is only 6’ and is the one most often used by my husband and myseft to sit and watch TV. Our newest big dog is doing a number on the leather and I have had a hard time finding something that can look tidy without a big excess of fabric hanging. The slight thickness helps it stay in place. The size is roughly 6’ x 2’ 7”.

Not a past recommendation but a new one as most of us have animals.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B077P3GMYS?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_pd_title

Ad photo

My sofa below

Not real hip but it’s sooo soft.

• d_gw

I'm pretty scent sensitive. I have the hydro boost gel cream for extra dry skin. I can smell a faint tangy scent but it fades pretty quickly.

• whatsayyou18

Cleo, it is my understanding that anything other than black coffee or plain herbal tea will break the fast. Having said that I say, "Oh, well!" and would carry on with the small amount of cream. Common sense tells me benefit is still achieved from the fast.. If I wake up hungry, I will have a small amount of something....say, a couple of dried apricots, a couple of strawberries or a bite or two of whatever looks good in the fridge. This along with a cup of hot herbal tea will satisfy me for 3-4 hours when I'll then have a meal. Yes, the fast has been broken but I still benefit from eating this way. Clearly, I don't believe in deprivation! ;)

• whatsayyou18

Hydroboost....I've never noticed a fragrance and I thought I was fairly sensitive to fragrances. Interesting!

• whatsayyou18

Platinum Skin Care ~ For those with under eye issues, I've seen some very impressive before/after photos on their FB page following use of the under eye products.

I'm SO happy with the improvement of my hands following my PSC peels! I honestly never expected it.

• Bunny

catticus, I agree, it does *not* smell good on my face. Maybe somewhere else, like on dry, cracked heels. I think it cheapens the product.

I think we all have different ideas of what smells good. A very chic woman on YouTube raves about göt2b styling mousse. It reeks. One application and it got tossed. Same with Not Your Mother's Sea Salt Spray. Worst coconut smell ever.

• pennydesign

Jessners peel is another good one if you don't have skin of iron like I do. I use 30% TCA on my hands...that plus sunscreen is helping, but I don't think I'll ever have a remarkable improvement...

• whatsayyou18

Penny, how many layers? I did two layers of 30% a couple of weeks ago and that resulted in the best peel yet.. I have tough skin, too!

• gsciencechick

Cleo, although the Naturally Slim program I am using is not technically IF, with delaying breakfast I and many of the other online posters do have coffee with some real creamer as well. Some people use artificial sweeteners but I do not use them for quite a few years now. Even DH said that with the real creamer, sugar or sweetener is not needed. Drinking right now.

I am up pretty much every day at 6 a.m. thanks to the cats and then I get hungry usually around 10. I also start my day with a tumbler of water or 1:7 diluted orange juice, which is kind of a propriety thing for their program.

• tinam61

The hydro boost for extra dry skin is fragrance free.

ETA - it is marked on front of jar - fragrance free

• Bumblebeez SC Zone 7

I have the hydro boost for extra dry skin too and don't notice a fragrance.

The L'oreal mascara recc'd is the bomb. No smudging and easy to get off. The best mascara I've tried and I've tried a lot of cheapies and expensive ones.

I almost didn't try it because it seems gimmicky but wow, no.

• pennydesign

whatsayyou, I do it until I see a light frosting, so sometimes one sometimes 2. I read somewhere that getting rid of the residue before you do it is important too...alcohol or acetone (as always, ymmv and due diligence, etc.)

I do need to get more as I wonder about shelf life once opened..

Did you take before and afters? It's the one thing with any "project" that I never remember to do :-/

• pennydesign

I don't use mascara much (when I have to it's standard Maybelline) but I do dye my eyelashes and eyebrows...

My eyebrows have taken on a life of their own, and I'm at a loss...it doesn't help that I'm a bit strangely obsessed with eyebrows...

It's like, WTH, hair??!!??

• pennydesign

For anyone else with non-delicate skin.... I enjoy Korean Italy towels (green exfoliating mitts) It's like shedding a layer :)

• bpath Oh Sophie

Hmm, I think it was here that I learned about Flawless and other facial depilatories. I'm not real brave but have used the Flawless around my mouth. Nice and easy.

• catticusmockingbird

Why would they add fragrance to the basic product? I used it again today and it may be hitting the trash soon. I spent a few minutes outdoors pulling weeds and could smell it.

• Bunny

Indeed, why would the basic Hydro boost product have fragrance? Yesterday I rubbed it on my hands and I could smell it an hour later. I wash my hands a lot so no idea how long the scent would linger.

• bpath Oh Sophie

I wonder if something else in the Hydro boost is reacting with the skin? I can't use Cerave because it smells like cigarette smoke on me, but doesn't smell like that in the jar.

• catticusmockingbird

Bpath, it stinks straight from the jar. I sent Neutrogena an email asking why fragrance was added.

• d_gw

The front of my extra dry jar does not say fragrance free. It looks like this one. It has a faint scent but it doesn't smell like flowers or whatever. I did notice while I was looking around for a pic that some of the packages say fragrance free and some do not.

• hcbm

I wouldn't throw out the Neutrogena. I would return it. I have done that several times. I am very sensitive and it might take me half a bottle before I start to react. I will return for a full refund. I have never been refused.

• salonva

So is this hydro boost gel cream the one that you use for moisturizer day and night? still trying to figure out which is the product recommended. (the eye gel was easy for me to find as it's the only one in a tube).

• Bunny

Hmmm, I might take my Neutrogena Hydro Boost back. Clinique is having a spend $xx and get free gifts special again. Among the bonuses is their Moisture Surge, which is wonderful and scent-free. It's about twice as much as Neutrogena, but it's still a good deal.

• sas95

When something says "fragrance free," it doesn't necessarily mean it doesn't have a smell. It just means that there are no ingredients that qualify as a "fragrance." So if there is a smelly ingredient that is not considered a fragrance, they can still say fragrance free.

If you are looking for something that doesn't have a smell, you need to buy "unscented." Many "unscented" products have fragrances as ingredients, because there are some ingredients considered fragrances that are added to mask the smells of other ingredients.

So "fragrance free" is more for people who are allergic to certain fragrances. "Unscented" is for people who don't like to smell what they are wearing.

• whatsayyou18

Penny, I use their prep solution and do think it helps. Unfortunately, because my expectations were so low, I didn't bother to take before pix. though I sure wish I had! I'll take pix before future peels but the B/A's won't be as impressive as if I'd taken them before the first peel.

• Feathers11

Regarding Neutrogena's Hydroboost scent, here's a link that explains the difference between 2 Neutrogena products that have been used interchangeably in discussions, but are different. You have to look carefully at which product you have because they are jarred the same way.

https://skincarevibes.com/hydro-boost-water-gel-vs-gel-cream/

I use the water gel which does have a scent but it doesn't bother me because I follow it up with argan oil which seems to drown out the scent.

• Bumblebeez SC Zone 7

Regarding the Platinum peel, I am very interested but need some info. How long does the peeling last? I don't have particularly sensitive skin but want to be cautious the first time. With results though. What should I get?

• whatsayyou18

Bumble, I would recommend spending time on their site reading and watching their videos; lots of info there. People respond differently, different parts of the body have different needs....definitely not one size fits all. PSC's customer service is also a good resource.

• Bluebell66

Cleo, I do the 18/6 intermittent fasting 2 to 3 days a week.

You might also be interested in checking out Dr. Michael Mosley and his 5:2 diet, which also has an element of intermittent fasting. I know someone who has followed 5:2 for five years now and loves it. I personally prefer the 18/6 and don’t mind going without coffee two days a week. https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/the-5-2-diet-guide#section1

• catticusmockingbird

Feathers, thanks for the link. I must have an extremely sensitive sense of smell, because I find the fragrance especially annoying.

Totally disagree with this take:

It has a clean scent. Not cleaning supply “clean,” obviously. It’s more of an after-shower, sophisticated sort of clean. And, beyond that, most people wouldn’t consider the scent to be strong or offensive.

• purrmichigan

Revlon lipstick - that looks like a crayon - is the only one I use anymore.

I like how it goes on so smoothly, and the crayon style makes for quick application. It also stays on for hours, I'll reapply once or twice a day.

There's a good selection of colors and I've tried most. It's also very layerable. I like a red lipstick with a gold layer over.

it comes in matte, balm, and lacquer. I like it in Balm.