0
zazzzzz

Help me find bar stools!

Heather

We are moving to a new home that has a counter-height breakfast bar. We need new stools that fit this height - our musts for the stools are that they have to not be fully metal, but they must be wipeable - we have 3 small kids who eat at least 1 meal a day on them. I've included photos of the space, our current dining table (it's a mess, sorry for the terrible photo), and our current couch. Dining, living, and kitchen are all open to each other.

• Heather
    oh, and the stools MUST have backs.

With kids and wood floors I strongly reccommend swivel stools with a low back that goes under the counter because they will spin them but a t least they won’t be dragging them across the floor. I love the Bombo form Magis it is also height adjustable which is nice with little kids and also doulbles as an extra chair at the table.They come in some great colors and stand up very well , they are used in quite a few coffee bars in London.

• Heather
    We need a more substantial back - we have a baby in a high chair that I strap to a bar stool for breakfast and lunch. But those are neat!
    Sabrina Alfin Interiors

I'd get backed stools that are upholstered in faux leather. Try Crate & Barrel or Room and Board. They have lots of fabric options and nice transitional pieces.

• K Laurence

Yes, stools with a back a must for me also, faux leather as suggested but also consider Sunbrella, I’m amazed what can be cleaned off my outdoor sofas upholstered in Sunbrella indoor/ outdoor fabric. Or, all wood stools.