0

whats needs to be done to complete this room and make it luxurious?!

Ayesha Ah
What curtain style and color?
Accessories?
Paint or wallpaper? Color?
Not sure but please give details with photos or drawings i would be more than thankfully n grateful

Flo Mangan

I can't believe I'm saying this, but for your culture would you be able to get two sectionals that face each other? Or are the green items bought and not returnable?? It is a tough room to get this much or more seating in without looking unwelcoming. I would remove at least two chairs and see if that helps. Maybe get some "stools" for folks who just want to sit for a few minutes and then move about?

• Kathy

Could it work wth 3 sofas at far end around a table and on the near end the 4 chairs grouped around the other table. Alternate chairs, white across from white, green across from green. That makes 2 groupings and yet all is walkable. Then add some accessories And wall decor.

• Ayesha Ah
    Flo unfortunately no refund
    Flo Mangan

3 sofas at far end won't work due to the door. But could the reverse work? Not sure. I'll have to do some further looking at that.

Flo Mangan

Tried a couple things, but no real success. Here is one of the concepts, but the transportation around the space isn't up to standard. I like 3' of space for a walkway and this doesn't have that at all. So, the idea of a round coffee table and chairs does work on the far end or opposite way. Just too many doors and not enough width to the room.

This is 13' across and 21 feet long. Each square is equal to 1 sq. foot. You will have to do the conversion, but you get the concept. Do you have a terrace outside that could be overflow for seating?

Flo Mangan

Option 4 - not optimal, but potential.

• mandy_redworth

Hi - I love your room! I like the original way you have it set up. The colors and rug are lovely. I would get a few white faux fur pillows for the couches and put an awesome floor lamp in the corner by the chairs. I’d also add some

art or a gallery wall.

• Jora

Your furniture is gorgeous, and very luxurious. I think you've done great with placement and, as many have already suggested, you just need accessories to give the room life.

One large painting, inside the framed moulding behind the green couch to the right, with orange, golds, and greens.

Wallpaper just the one wall, behind the green couch to the left of your first pix; something along the lines of what Patrick chose, it's gorgeous.

I would see into reupholstering the green/gold chair (not sofa) with something in burnt orange, and in a different texture than the furniture you already have. If you don't want to, then maybe break up the room by swapping one of the white/gold chairs for the green/gold chairs.

I would also get a throw - in gold or burnt orange, as well as some pillows.

I'd leave the rug...it's a great MUTE color for the space and it's gorgeous. I think changing the rug into something patterned, OR with greens in it, is going to make the room too busy.

Long, flowing curtains that have many colors, but are all muted, would work beautifully as well.

• Ayesha Ah
    Flo thanks alot for taking the time and drawing those. No terrace though
    I will try to play around with the furniture as u recommended but from what i c that maybe the only option is switching the white with green armchair as suggested.
    Will take some fotos
  • Ayesha Ah
    Mandy thanks alot. Will sure take ur advise on the floor lamp as alot here mentioned also and i love the idea
  • Ayesha Ah
    Jora thanks alot for all advise. Will. NOte all . I agree with the wallpaper suggested by patrick too and the wall art. I like the idea including orange .
  • Ayesha Ah
    Wat do u think? Anything u like?
  • Jora

I like the green plant, with gold stand, in the second pix.

Not a fan of the wall art. :)

• niccidhg
    Ayesha, I love your room with this sumptuous furniture , the tall ceilings and windows. I would add a tall tree and vertical gold framed mirror by the two white chairs. Also, a large square canvas art centered above the sofa wall between the two windows. —- If keeping your current rug I would use wallpaper in the wood insets along the entry door wall. Something in a contemporary geometric , large scale with gold metallic pattern would look wonderful . This would highlight the beautiful insets, give the room some pattern , depth on the walls and make the entry door feel “less lonely “ on the end of that wall.
  • niccidhg
    I do like your rug, however if you could use it elsewhere in your home, I think adding a darker patterned rug would ground the room and add an element of richness to what is already there.
  • niccidhg
    I see the information got cut off of the rug suggestions. Here is a better visual with your furniture and with the info.
  • Ayesha Ah
    Thanks jora and nikki
  • niccidhg
    Here is another I forgot to post earlier - wallpaper for the insets-
  • Jora

niccidig -I love that wallpaper. Do you have the source?

• niccidhg
    Hi, Jora. I searched Calico Wallpaper and came up with this contact out of New York. They might be able to direct you further with more info. This paper is part of the Wabi Collection, I believe. Best of luck.
  • leslieap10

Floor to ceiling white drapes, plants including something big like bird of paradise, sheepskin, arc lamp, throw pillows.

• Ayesha Ah
    Love the wallpaper nicca
  • everdebz

Just posting to discuss style or color....

An elegant Gray wallpaper with a sophisticated silver radiance. The scrolling design is a clean contemporary take on an art nouveau swirl.

Mila Gray Mini Classical Wallpaper Bolt · More Info
  • everdebz

This might play up the pattern in rug / and similar color so room looks unified, with no additional colors or major contrasts.

Royalty is a large-scale luxury damask pattern with intricate detailing on a metallic backdrop. It has a highly elegant look with its rich layering and tonal range. Use it in a dining room as a feature wall design for a high impact look.

Ivory Royalty Wallpaper, Double Roll · More Info
  • Jora

How do you guys all find these stunning wallpapers? Amazingly beautiful!

niccidig - Thank you for the source.

• everdebz

Search on houzz, using any word[s] you think of, and choose 'shop'... here's a stunner, but black --

• Ayesha Ah
    Unfortunately most of whats here doesn’t ship to my country
  • Ayesha Ah
    Thanks everdebs
  • decoenthusiaste

A pretty element with emerald green is a vase full of peacock feathers- quite the luxurious statement. Can you get them where you are?

• niccidhg
    Ayesha, as far as specific items not being able to be shipped to where you live, — at least, if you like an IDEA, you can still use it as a “jumping off point” / inspiration to search for similar things that are available in your area.
  • celerygirl

Here is some idea of layout. Use your sofa instead of bench.

• Ayesha Ah
    Deco i think so . I will search and gather the idea that was given to me by all of u guys and start finishing it up.

Nicci yes ofcourse will do. Thanks
  • Ayesha Ah
    This old an old pic wat do u think ?
  • Ayesha Ah
    Sorry forgot to post the pic in previous comment
  • Aphaea

Is that your new arrangement, Ayesha? It looks like it will do exactly what you need it to do, have communal gatherings. If so, keep it. Now all you need is some art you love.

By the way, I have two long emerald velvet loveseats. The color is delicious so I truly love your choices.

• houssaon

Ayesha Ah I like your last layout. How about moving the chairs so that they are closer to the table?

• Ayesha Ah
    Aphaea its not my new arrangement . It was this way 1st time i got the furniture then i changed the setting. But thought id show u guys to share ur thoughts .
  • Ayesha Ah
    Houssaon did u mean the layout the one with no carpet placed in it yet?!?
  • Aphaea

Oh, I had forgotten. There are things I'd change but the important thing is that it works for you and your lifestyle. Maybe at this point in time it is the best--unless you dislike it.

• Ayesha Ah
    Aphaea wat would u do differently?!?
  • Yayagal

Yes, big art that lives up to the beautiful couch colors. Take a look at this one ART

• pink_peony

Posting this photo for inspiration purposes only.

I think you need a large dramatic chandelier to define the space. Floor to ceiling drapery panels in a solid silk dupioni. Emerald green like the sofas would be gorgous.

I agree on wallpapering the moulded areas in a dramatic wallpaper. i would do a white on white wallpaper. Nothing colourful but rather something to add texture. Like this

You can still do dramatic art work with it but it will add some dimension to the room. Last i think your really need to lose two of the chairs. I know you want as much seating as possible . Bring in some upholstered stools that can easily be slid under sofa tables or around room. They can be pulled for seating but not make the room look cluttered or give it the furniture lining the wall waiting room look. Ignore the color of upholstery on this as you naturally would get some to coordinate with your space but something like this.

Accent Upholstered Stool Ottoman With "X"Shape Wood Base, Antique White Base · More Info

• pink_peony

Drapes didn’t post

• Ayesha Ah
    Thanks pink i love ur ideas. Thanks for taking the time
  • Kathy

Ayesha, I saw the same room Pink peony posted on Instagram and it reminded me right away of what you may be trying to achieve. The pillows, chandelier, lamps, all soften and make the room look more inviting. I liked her suggestion of white on white wallpaper.

• Ayesha Ah
    Will take it into account . Thanks kathy
  • jpp221
    Books, tall plants, art. Everything is at the bottom half of the room and nothing is above the four foot level. No more gold or emerald anything. And the chair right next to a sofa is odd.
  • niccidhg
    For drapery, since there are so many linear lines in this room, it would be stunning to create a rounded top window effect at the far end of the room on the double window behind the sofa( only there) . I think you could use a combination of white poly dupioni silk in combination with white sheers on the rest. I would use dark hardware to match the dark window trim. ——- Keep in mind you should probably pull the sofas out from the walls 9 inches or so to allow for any drapery to stack on the wall next to the windows ( notice how close the sofa is to the edge of / in front of the windows.—- Here are some others for inspiration, too : box valances , hidden tracks at the ceiling — but, I would keep everything as white and sheer as possible to allow the light to come in, but still softening the windows, using any solid panels as stationary side panels only( except for the rounded top one, of course, if you choose to create something like that ).—-IF you are keeping all furniture pieces, I like how you placed it originally, only pulled forward from the walls a bit and possibly angling the two green chairs more.