sylvia_gordon97

Trade list for Fort Worth spring swap April 20th 2019

Sylvia Gordon

Somebody requested a separate post for trade lists to keep things may be a little neater. So here we go!
My have list:
Lemon mint, blue heartleaf Skullcap, aspidistra or Cast Iron Plant, sedum similar to Autumn Joy but with lavender pink flowers, historic irises including Crimson King and old-fashioned white ones and yellow ones. I can also bring, upon request, both the variegated and solid green vinca minor. Please let me know what you want, as space in the car is limited LOL.

• Sylvia Gordon

Have some white gladiolus bulbs , and some orange lily bulbs.

These are true lilies, not day lilies. Linda Buchanan, I would love some Mexican hat. Please let me know what I can bring you!

Shan, I would love some Swiss chard. Please let me know what I can bring you. Also, I found the cutest thing which I will bring for a special trade if anyone is interested. This is a Decor item, perfect for a fairy garden. It is a tiny tiny ornamental set of white gardening Decor. Tiny little wheelbarrow, tiny little , Etc. I'll try to post picture, but so far have not been just real real successful at that...

• lindabuchanan13

Sylvia, I will dig the Mexican hats for you. Anyone else want some?

Sylvia Gordon thanked lindabuchanan13
  • Sylvia Gordon

If anyone has any Stella D'oro daylilies to share, my 90-something year old neighbor is wanting some. If I have anything you would like, let me know, and if I haven't listed it, just ask. I may have it anyhow LOL.

• Shan G.

sylvia-gordon97- I would be happy to bring you some chard. Could I get cast iron plant and crimson king iris from you?

• Shan G.

ruthz would you be willing to trade something for your money plant and queens tears?

• Shan G.

lindabuchanan13 Would you be willing to trade something for some shrimp plant and Mondara?

• Sylvia Gordon

Shan, will be glad to bring those.

• ruthz

Shan, will do

I have a prior commitment at 9 AM, but should be able to get there by 10 or 10:30

Shan - money plant & Queen's Tears

• lindabuchanan13

Shan, it will have to be the red shrimp plant. My yellow shrimp cuttings look like they are dying. Also will bring purple monarda.

• Shan G.

Thank you, ladies. Please let me know what you’d like for me to bring you in exchange.

• ruthz

Shan, daffodil's or grape hyacinth would be great.

Are the daffodil's the common yellow kind?

I have some Winston Churchill and at one time planted some Ice Follies, but the Ice Follies have all disappeared I think. (Sorry, not enough to divide)

• Shan G.

They’re common yellow and I’ll bring them both for you, Ruth!

• lindabuchanan13

Shan, I would like your amaranth. Do you have any idea which variety?

• Sylvia Gordon

Gladiolus and lily bulbs are gone.

My 90 something year old neighbor called me to come get some daylilies from his yard, and I asked him if he would like these bulbs in exchange. He was tickled pink!

Ruth, I would be glad to bring you some unnamed double daffodils or some Thalia in exchange for a few Winston Churchill. I'm a Winston Churchill fan.

Have some white mulberry seedlings, pecan seedlings, Oak seedlings, 1 Redbud that I think I had put up for Shan last time when she couldn't make it. Shan would you like this?

Also have one pot Lamb's ears & a couple of pots of obedient plant, but I can dig a bushel of it if anyone wants something that will take over the universe & flower in late summer or early fall. .

• Shan G.

lindabuchanan13 I can ask my friend who sent me seeds what kind. Here’s a picture of a seedling (if it helps.)

• Shan G.

sylvia I would love the redbud tree, thanks!

• ruthz

Sylvia, sorry my Winston Churchill's have not multiplied enough to divide. I just posted that to say that's the only kind of daffodils I already have. I'll be happy to share when they do.

Linda, I grow Hopi Red Dye amaranth. It reseeds like crazy but I haven't seen any up yet.

Sylvia Gordon thanked ruthz
  • Sylvia Gordon

Ruth, I was just hoping...all excited about the name!

(If I outlive my big girl Katie, I swear I'm going to get just *ONE* more dog, & it's name will be Winston!)

If anyone wants a crinum lily, & the variety is not crucial, please let me know & I will dig.

Ditto goldenrod, tall Mexican petunia, Inland sea oats, & pink 4 o'clocks.

• Shan G.

sylvia- how big is the tree? Debating if I need to bring the hubbys car or mine.

• Sylvia Gordon

It's itty bitty, teenie tiny lol. redbuds have taproots, so it's very difficult to transplant one taller than about 6 in. But if you want to tell your husband that you need to take his car...

• Shan G.

Just dug up some orange Daylilies if anyone’s interested.

• Shan G.

Lol, Sylvia. I’ll stick with mine in that case. Thanks!

• abarbie4me2

anybody got any Thai rosellle hibiscus seeds you could share? I was going thru my seeds today and can't find any. I know mine didn't do well last yr so I must not have gotten any seeds saved.

• Shan G.

/abarbie4me2 do you have any beautyberry or currants available? Neither of mine looks like it survived the winter

• abarbie4me2

Shan G. The beauty berries are still dormant but I'll look. the currant should be out and I should be able to find some.

• ruthz

abarbie, I planted Red-Leaf Hibiscus (Hibiscus acetosella) and Hibiscus sabdariffa last year. The plants never had any flowers so no seeds.

I do have some seeds left over in the original packs and can bring you some if this is what your looking for. Both packs say rosellle hibiscus but I think the Hibiscus sabdariffa is probably the one your looking for.

• Shan G.

abarbie4me2 If that is the case, my beautyberry bush may be okay;I just figured it would have started to bud at this point. I’ll post a picture of it when I get home. Thanks!

• abarbie4me2

Ruthz, thank you sabdariffa is the one I was looking for. the other sounds interesting too.

• Sylvia Gordon

Well it's getting closer and closer ! I have some probably 4 or 5 inch tall red Yucca that I grew from seed, and some Lemon cucumber seedlings. Lemon cucumber is really yummy, and it's cute as all get-out, looks just like lemons.

• abarbie4me2

Shan, I looked everywhere and this is the first spring I haven't had beauty berries popping up in all of my pots. Maybe this fall? I have your currant potted.

• darlenegalindo

Sylvia, I would like a lemon cucumber seedling. Not sure what all I'm bringing to trade right now. May just grab you a can of coffee if you want. JoAn, I have small seedlings of the Thai Roselle Hibiscus for you.

• Sylvia Gordon

I've got your name on a couple. No need to bring me anything, these are very tiny, might be worth a cup of coffee but certainly not a whole can of it LOL.

• Shan G.

No problem, Barbie. Thanks for looking and for bringing the currants. I’m still hoping the beautyberry you gave me is alive; still no buds. Does it break dormancy in late spring?

• abarbie4me2

Shan I found two hidden in plain site so got them dug lol

• Sylvia Gordon

Car is loaded, alarm is set, my poor back is resting on its heating pad. Can't wait to see everybody tomorrow! However y'all may have to haul me out of that car on a stretcher...

• Shan G.

Can’t wait to see you guys in a few hours! The oldest is getting her hair done at 9 so I’m dropping her off in Arlington and heading over after that.

• Sylvia Gordon

Going through Mansfield now, will be there ASAP. Could not find my signs from last year, so I will put up open house signs

• Shan G.

Leaving N. Arlington near the stadium, be there soon

• Shan G.

I’m here but I can’t figure out how to get to you all.

• Sylvia Gordon

We are beside the zoo, if you will call me 214-980-5496

• Sylvia Gordon

I could not stop to put out signs due to heavy Easter weekend traffic. There is an arrow at University South of the zoo. And how are usual site has a sign that says private parking because there's a big family picnic schedule for today. We are, however, in that parking lot, and the family is it has been very gracious about it. Lots of plants lots of people lots of good Garden chitchat.

• Shan G.

It was great seeing everyone today! Hope you all went home with something new to grow.

Sylvia Gordon thanked Shan G.
  • Sylvia Gordon

It was totally fun! As usual of course, with such a great group,

And we may have picked up a new participant, since we kidnapped or hijacked Tim, who was innocently minding his own business attending a family Easter egg hunt LOL.

Thanks to all, looking forward to seeing you in the autumn.

• lindabuchanan13

It was good to see everyone again and enjoyed visiting. I came away with some new plants and want to thank everyone who I got plants from. Now my Monday will be really busy planting and potting up everything. Sylvia, thank you for organizing again.

• ruthz

I enjoyed visiting and thanks to everyone for sharing. As usual I brought home more than I meant to. Yes Sylvia, thank you for all you do to make these swaps happen.

• darlenegalindo

I had a great time as well. Just sad I had to leave so early, but at least I got to come. I enjoyed visiting with everyone and can't wait for the next one. Thanks Sylvia for all you do! We appreciate you.

Sylvia Gordon thanked darlenegalindo
  • Shan G.

Barbie, the flowers are opening up and the amaranth appear to be white globe amaranth.

• ruthz

abarbie4me/JoAn, the iris I got from you last year is blooming for the first time and almost open. I have been working on placing an iris order and this looks a lot like one I'm ordering, Dr Who. Also looks like Devil's Riot. I love it. Thanks for sharing.

Open more today

• Keely Line

I can’t remember, is there a fall plant swap too? Or just spring?

• Sylvia Gordon

Yes, I'm about to post on the Autumn swap thread, so it will be at the top in just a a moment.