Your shopping cart is empty.

What is this fireplace feature?

March 14, 2019
The house I’m moving into has a fireplace with an unfamiliar design element. Some type of small window/alcove on the right side. My first guess is that it’s a log shelf but it’s only about 6inches deep and not that wide and tall. Anyone have an idea what it is and what it’s used for? Trying to figure out how to decorate it and really curious about its proper use. I have attached a photo. Thanks in advanced!

Comments (5)

Need help with an existing Houzz order? Call 1-800-368-4268 (Mon-Sun).