0
gigli10

Help with furniture layout in small living room

gigli10

Hello,

I purchased a home and new furniture about a year ago and i still can't figure out the appropriate configuration for the furniture and basic pieces i purchased. The layout is limited by the following:

• location of fireplace
  • front door directly opens to small living room
  • deck door on one entire wall
  • open are leading into dining room

The pieces i'm currently committed to having in the living room are:

• the L shaped sofa
  • the single tall chair
  • gold bookcase

I am looking for suggestions for the best placement for the sofa and chair to make the best use of the space. I would also like suggestions for accent pieces such as perhaps a picture wall, bench or large floor mirror. Also, the size of the rug that would best ground the room would be useful. i'm not committed to having the white cabinet in the living room if it is not the best suited for it.....i'm considering making space for it in the dining room.

I appreciate any insight.

The first picture below is how it is currently placed though i don't believe it's the best configuration given the placement of the TV.

This is the original placement of the furniture with the front door directly behind the couch and to the left of the white cabinet.

This gives you a view of from the dining room which is next to the living room.