0

Ranch needs curb appeal

Patty Ann
This ranch is stuck in the early 1980s. I am not a fan of the brick used on the archway. I’m also not a fan of the reddish brown siding above the garage.

I’m thinking of painting the brick to match the stucco. What can I do with the siding? Paint it? Where/how can I use an accent color here? Should I paint the garage door? What color scheme? I’m on a tight budget so any suggestions should take that into consideration. Thanks!

• Nancy Ingram
    So here’s what I suggest. If you can afford to, I would replace the wood siding with stucco or just paint and add a nice stucco molding around the garage door. Updating light fixtures and landscaping can go a long way.
  • ci_lantro

Stucco over the brick? Paint the siding the same color as the stucco. Paint the front door and garage door a pretty turquoise/ aqua/ sagey blue-green. Verdigris finish copper light fixtures.

• Patty Ann

ci_lantro In my post above, I suggested painting over the brick so the brick would match the stucco. No plan to stucco over the brick. Painting the siding and the brick the same color as the stucco might work. The green might look nice with the brownish red soffit, facia and gutters. Thanks.

• Patty Ann

Nancy, I like your rendering. I‘d like to try your app and paint the brick the same color as the siding.

• Nancy Ingram
    It’s the Sherwin William paint digitizer app called Color Snap.
  • ci_lantro

Patty--I threw the stucco over the brick suggestion out there as something to maybe consider because it would help unify the front of the house. Of course, painting the brick will achieve much the same effect and at less cost. I might end up liking the painted brick better because of the subtle textural change.

?? The arch over the window on the house--Is that wall painted brick or stucco?? Looks like a combination of painted brick arch and stucco wall??