Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kayley_buswell

No idea whtat to paint these bathrooms -- color ideas??

Kayley Buswell
5 years ago

These are from the real estate listing pictures. We just moved in and are doing whole house paint in Wind'd Breath in main areas -- kitchen, family room, master, hallway, foyer, bonus room, and possibly another spare room. Dining is tentatively Soft Chamois, but may just be wind's breath as well. I have two gals of it, so will get used regardless -- maybe office. Son's room is newly Old Prairie and daughter's room will be Ocean Air. We're sort of going for a coastal/modern farmhouse sort of look. Do you have any color suggestions? Current colors are too much for me, but also not afraid of color!! master is really mintier than as shown in picture. Master, half bath and kids bath -- pictured in that order.

Comments (8)

• PRO
    BeverlyFLADeziner
    5 years ago

You need some medicine cabinets so that everything doesn't have to sit on the counters.

You can even purchase a round mirror with a medicine cabinet behind it.

I like a gray paint with the oak wood tones. See below.

• calidesign
    5 years ago

You could try Pale Smoke which looks like a light bluish grey and coordinates with Wind's Breath.

• Kayley Buswell
    Original Author
    5 years ago
    This wasn't my house at the time, so all that stuff isn't there-- we have plenty of drawer space!! just more so concerned for what color. What about Woodlawn Blue for the kids bathroom and or half bath? Thinking quiet moments for master.
  • apple_pie_order
    5 years ago

Three of your choices are off white, not quite the same. How about simplifying your choices by using one off white, then picking a colorful fabric you love to use as paint color cues for the other rooms? Kids bedrooms, of course, can be whatever color they like, and don't need to coordinate with the rest of the house.

Here are some fabrics on pillows that may be inspirational https://www.houzz.com/products/decorative-pillows/query/blue-beige/nqrw

• calidesign
    5 years ago

I think Woodlawn Blue and Quiet Moments could both look nice in the baths, and keep an airy feeling. But you could simplify and use Ocean Air in the baths, like your daughters room. The color will look darker in the bathrooms with their lower lighting, but still coordinate with the rest of your house. Whatever you choose, try a sample in each space first, on a white poster board, so the current wall color doesn't affect the sample.

• Kayley Buswell
    Original Author
    5 years ago

The tile is a little bit different in the half bath, but master and kids bathroom have the same. The tone of the tile is pretty similar though. Thanks for all the help! Since I am going with that light and airy style, I've decided I'll avoid using multiple colors and keep it simple by using color in fabric or other decor. How does this sound tentatively--

BM Wind's breath:

Master (completed the painting)

Master bathroom

Playroom (painting well underway)

Hallway

Foyer

Kitchen

Eating Area

Spare bedroom / pet room

Soft Chamois (it IS a little lighter and creamier/less gray in it):

Half bathroom -- it's super dark in there

Dining room

Kids Bathroom

Office ( may be WB instead)

Old prairie:

Son's room -- may do spare room this or ocean air instead of WB

Ocean Air:

Daughter's room

• calidesign
    5 years ago

Winds Breath and Soft Chamois are very close to each other, but have different undertones. I wouldn't use both in adjoining areas. If you hadn't already started painting, I would suggest that since Soft Chamois is lighter, use that in all your main spaces with something more interesting (Ocean Air, etc) for your master bedroom and playroom. Those seem like the rooms you would want a change from all the rest. But if you like the completed Winds Breath in the Master and playroom, continue that throughout the main areas and maybe use a lighter version of it (50% strength) in the bathrooms, and a darker version in the dining room, office, or somewhere you want a change.