david_nir

Want to make my house more symetrical

David Nir
5 years ago

Comments (18)

• houssaon
    5 years ago

It is an unusual house.

The garage seems very tall. Is it or is it the prospective?

I think landscaping can go a long way to balance the structure. I would plant ornamental trees on the left side of the house.

• tqtqtbw
    5 years ago

That really should have been done in the architectural design phase. Now it seems you will need major structural changes to fix the oddly placed varied sized windows and over tall garage.

• David Nir
    Original Author
    5 years ago

I would greatly appreciated if you show a pictures

• tqtqtbw
    5 years ago
    last modified: 5 years ago

You will have to investigate what grows well in your climate but I am thinking of a cluster of birch trees, pines, or crepe myrtles.

• jmm1837
    5 years ago
    You got a lot of advice on your previous two postings about the same problem: it looks like you didn't take any of it. What happened to your plan to do a tear-down?
  • Bri Bosh
    5 years ago
    Not this house again!!!!
  • emmarene9
    5 years ago

Landscaping can cover much bad architecture. Use a tree that does not have a dense canopy.

• jbtanyderi
    5 years ago
    It looks as though the garage was built for an RV. The windows are all too small and too randomly placed.
  • PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    5 years ago

All the landscaping in the world will not fix this house

• K Laurence
    5 years ago

Symmetry is not the issue.

• housegal200
    5 years ago

You can't do anything about the house unless you tear it down. If you posted this Dilemma before, you undoubtedly got advice about landscaping. Hire a landscape designer to come up with a plan for the left side of the house. Plant tall foundation plants against the left side to minimize that blank wall with a deep garden bed in front of it. Perhaps a cluster of trees on the lawn. Do something about the landscaping or tear down the house. Please don't post the same Dilemma again since you already got advice.

• ocotillaks
    5 years ago

To quote This Old House Santa Barbara year "Take a Stinger missile to it."

• tqtqtbw
    5 years ago

This is third post regarding the front of this house.

To summarize the suggestions: 1) landscape the left side with tall trees to hide the mismatched windows; 2) change the small left windows to match the bigger windows; 3) close up the small windows and fix the siding in those areas, adding landscaping.

There was a mention of tearing the house down but I remember the multiple posts about a breakfast table for seven in the narrow kitchen walkway (not wanting to use the in-view dining room).

You have spent alot of money unwisely in this house. No way do I believe a professional designed this. It will never be what it could have been without major redesign and a change of thinking. Go ahead and enjoy your family in the house. Accept it for what it is.

• qam999
    5 years ago

DUPLICATE POST. Closing this thread.

• generals1992
    5 years ago
    Lord it looks like a Home Depot exploded.
  • Bri Bosh
    5 years ago
    Bahahahah best comment ^^^
  • tatts
    5 years ago

DUPLICATE--TRIPLICATE--POST!

Stop posting, generals1992 and Bri Bosh (and everybody else)!

Close this thread.