Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kimdee24

OLLD 7/19

kimdee24
10 years ago
Good morning, lovelies. I am still awake and all wound up from the ladies member guest so I thought I'd start today. Had a great time at the tournament, it was all luau themed and they had some great entertainment for us after dinner too. Good day all around! Didn't win any prizes but we had a lot of fun.

What's on the agenda today?

Comments (152)

• mefor
    10 years ago
    When is it? :)
  • charleee
    10 years ago
    Hehehe.......
  • pattyannb
    10 years ago
    A week from tomorrow... :-)
  • charleee
    10 years ago
    Do you have big plans to celebrate?
  • pattyannb
    10 years ago
    My sis has to have heart surgery... They need to fix the hole in her heart...
    She went & told my brother what happened to her... Haven't heard back on how he took it... She didn't want to tell him over the phone... She wanted to make sure he understood she was OK...
  • pattyannb
    10 years ago
    No, not really... We are supposed to go to my sisters because she is having a 45 year anniversary party for her and her hubby... Which is on the 28th.... Not sure if I want to go or not... Invited my cousin... Someone I really don't want to see...
  • mefor
    10 years ago
    last modified: 10 years ago
    Thank goodness they found it, she's very lucky really. :)
    When is she having it?
  • mefor
    10 years ago
    Surgery I mean, not yucky cousin attending party :)
  • pattyannb
    10 years ago
    No wait... it's their 40th... LoL... Really aging myself I think...
  • charleee
    10 years ago
    Oh wow, Pattyann, I'm sorry she has to have surgery but it is good they found it.
  • pattyannb
    10 years ago
    Oh, I know... she seems to think it's not going to be that big of deal... She said the hole in the heart thing is hereditary.. Yay!..... NOT
  • pattyannb
    10 years ago
    OK... where is Angela? I want to see her bedroom... :-)
  • mefor
    10 years ago
    Just scroll down to bottom
  • pattyannb
    10 years ago
    Wow... that's on long thread! Thank You mforr...
  • mefor
    10 years ago
    Your welcome :)
    Going to try and eat some delicious pizza, super thin crust, so delicious, but not really hungry because its so hot. Definitely was a heat advisory, unhealthy air day and and still is. I'm melting.....
  • charleee
    10 years ago
    You all are supposed to cool off tomorrow, no?
  • mefor
    10 years ago
    Man I hope so. I guess I should have left AC on, it's taking sooo long to cool it down. Whew!!!
    Storms and bad temps tomorrow, 80s on Sunday. Can't wait :)
  • busylady1
    10 years ago
    Does anyone remember that bare patch in my garden back in May?
  • charleee
    10 years ago
    WOW! That's beautiful!
  • mefor
    10 years ago
    That's a beautiful patch now :) good job handy
  • mefor
    10 years ago
    That was supposed to be "busy" not handy, sorry.
  • charleee
    10 years ago
    Busy, what are the tall pink plants called?
  • mefor
    10 years ago
    Are they lupine or foxglove?
  • PRO
    Linda
    10 years ago
    I survived my day but didn't get as much done as I wanted...just too hot outside. Heat index was slightly lower than predicted, but still at 100 for much of the day. We got the new stairs together and reinstalled the old handrails and newel posts...it would be so much easier to start over on all this stuff but budget is just too tight to replace everything that needs to be fixed.

Had a pretty good day working with my partner (a rarity lately since he gets really grumpy in the heat). I wanted to laugh but was just happy to hear him comment about working with me. He said he just has to remember that he should tell me what he wants me to do so that I don't guess wrong...yeah, reading his mind is rather a difficult task because my ESP has to make it through the thick skull and then locate the portion that actually knows what he wants...a difficult task under the best of circumstances
  • PRO
    Linda
    10 years ago
    Question for everyone...where is the front of the garage located?

Partner and I have this discussion regularly because his idea of descriptive terms often doesn't match mine. For example, he will say something like "push that board in" and I won't know whether he is referring to push a door jamb further into the room or whether he means closer to the edges of the door frame. I am a country girl so typically I refer to north, south, east and west but both my hubby and my partner are city kids...they go right or left. Worse yet, hubby is British and they have very few straight roads. In Britain, the remaining Roman roads go directly from one place to another, everything else wanders around based on the geography of the area like around a hill or along the river front and meets other roads wherever, sometimes 3, maybe 4, or 5 even 6 roads meet at a common point. Between curving roads and no sunshine to figure out what direction is North, giving a British person an instruction to go north is useless.

So, in my mind, the front of the garage is closest to the front door of the house and the rear of the garage is closest to the back door of the house. My partner thinks that the front of the garage is where you park the front of the car and the rear of the garage is closest to the rear of the car.

One of my major challenges - and I have had some minor successes - is trying to teach my partner that someone else's interpretation is neither right nor wrong, just different.
  • charleee
    10 years ago
    Your partners idea doesn't work if you back the car in! Ha! To me, the front of the garage faces the street, usually where the big garage door is. But that's just me!
  • mpoulsom
    10 years ago
    me too bob
  • mefor
    10 years ago
    The front of garage is where you enter it
  • mpoulsom
    10 years ago
    busy the garden is beautiful!
  • mefor
    10 years ago
    Night guys, I'm dropping
  • charleee
    10 years ago
    Night Michele, hope it's cooler for you tomorrow.
  • User
    10 years ago
    Is there Anyone awake?Let's talk something!
  • olldroo
    10 years ago
    Hello, luckyfish, are you joining us? I'm here as it is only lunch time for me - usually takes this long to catch up on all the gossip here. They make Chatty Cathy sound like a nun.

See guys this is the problem when you yak so much while I'm a napping, it takes me all morning to catch up and then you all go off to bed and leave me talking to myself.

Having another warm spring day here again, last night 18 was predicted now it is supposed to hit 21. As we broke an 85 year old record yesterday goodness knows what will get broken if it does hit 21 today.
  • charleee
    10 years ago
    Poor Roo, everyone abandons you. I told you, sleep during the day, and stay awake all night!
  • olldroo
    10 years ago
    So to try to catch up a little -

Kutchie - you really crack me up but I understand, I go a little crazy on housework days too. Glad things are looking up for you healthwise too - every little bit helps. Just wish Sir David of Ironwood would give us an update

HINT, HINT, SIR DAVID ---- WE ARE THINKING OF YOU.

Patty - I'm glad to hear things are sounding positive for your sister too. That will be such a relief for everyone.

Angela, I'm sorry if I sound like I'm ignoring your bedroom dilemma, I've really lost the plot with it but glad it sounds like things are progressing well with the tiling.

Busy, your garden looks delightful. What are the blue flowers at the front? My garden is such a bog at the moment, but seeing your's makes me want to get into it. Probably almost time for planting seeds, maybe I should put some in trays where I can keep them in the little bit of sun I get and have them ready for spring.

Bobbi, I think the tall pink flowers might be snappies.

Linda - I'm glad you explained why you needed an answer to that question or I would have thought you had been sniffing glue or something. I'm totally flummoxed at the male reasoning. The front has to be where you enter - isn't that why you have a front door to enter the house???? Where is the front of the house located???
  • olldroo
    10 years ago
    Nice thought bobbi - just have things I NEED to do during daylight hours.
  • armygirl1987
    10 years ago
    It is okay Roo-there was never a plot. Yes, thanks it is going well.
  • olldroo
    10 years ago
    Phew, then it wasn't me.

Honestly the weather god definitely has it in for me. Got a nice lot of heavy washing done this morning and on the line with a nice stiff breeze that should have dried things off well. As soon as I got the 1 1/2 hours of sun I get a day on my line, over came the clouds and dumped for a whole 5 MINUTES!!! Just enough to drench me while I rescued everything and now there isn't a cloud in the sky!!! I can just hear him saying "Wasn't me, I never did anything". MUCH!!!!
  • armygirl1987
    10 years ago
    Poor Roo.....
  • armygirl1987
    10 years ago
    Good night Roo
  • busylady1
    10 years ago
    Bobbi, I went to bed before I saw your question. The tall pink flowers are Antirrhinum ( Snapdragons).
  • busylady1
    10 years ago
    Roo, the blue flowers at the front are Lobelia. I am waiting for my white geraniums to get tall enough to poke their heads through, they are in there somewhere, then there will be hot pink Chrysanths at the back and there are 3 tall Sea Hollies which are covered in flowers that are gradually changing from green to the steely blue colour. I cannot believe we are getting so much colour in a patch that was dull and just had an old apple tree and some Iris in it.
  • pattyannb
    10 years ago
    Hi all... got a bit sidetracked... Miss you guys! Just been busy with life, and work...I hate that I have a payroll to do on Fridays... Always end up with changes, and end up working until 8pm... Beautiful flowers... Not really sure who they belong to right now, but nice... Angela? Is your floor done?
  • pattyannb
    10 years ago
    Oh busy... they are yours.... Snapdragons are so much fun.... Don't have much luck with them in my yard...
    DH loves them, but well.... long story.... septic, wet, dry...
  • olldroo
    10 years ago
    Like snappies - they are old people's flowers - snap at the top and drag at the bottom.

Glad to know they are lobelia, we can get them here and I believe they are easy to grow. I think I will try some seeds and see if I'm successful and use them as the border. Annuals are great for colour.

My gardens are colour coded - something I picked up one time - so they will look great in my purple/blue/white garden area. I used to have agapanthus as a border, which were wonderful in vases at Christmas but they took over too much, so they went. Kept a few for the flowers. Otherwise I have hydrangea, white geraniums, liriope, gardenias, a mock orange blossom that smells divine and a jasmine tree that is more yellowish but the perfume is great. I also have some lily trees that we talked about a few weeks ago, but of course I have totally forgotten the name. I have about 8 or 9 of them in the garden as they grow very easy from cuttings, and the perfume is beautiful too. They look great as standards so I'm going to take some cuttings and try my hand at that. I have 3 lovely deep blue glazed pots on the balcony overlooking the purple garden so they should be great, if I can get them to grow right. At least it won't cost me anything if I get them wrong.
  • olldroo
    10 years ago
    Wonder what happened to luckyfish - thought they were going to hang around for a chat.
  • armygirl1987
    10 years ago
    Pattyannb- the floor is not finish
  • olldroo
    10 years ago
    Looking good Angela, the colour looks great - will he finish it today?

I've started today's thread, I couldn't find any other but no on seems ready to play yet. Have they all overslept???
  • mefor
    10 years ago
    I'm on my way Roo!!!
    Hi Angela, looks great!