0
lindaoh_gw

Are you quilting this weekend? April 12-14

lindaoh_gw
April 12, 2019

Hello Quilters! What have you been working on this week? I have been adding borders to my Hanging Gardens quilt. It has 3 borders with one of them pieced. I'm ready to sew on the last border and that is my plan for today. Tonight my DD and her two girls are coming over for a "sleep-over". The girls love to spend the night. DD and I are planning to let them watch movies with grandpa while we sew.

I also need to make 2 blocks for a friendship swap at the guild. We have a group of 7 people who exchanged fabrics and will make two blocks and pass it on each month. DD and I are in the same group and I have her fabrics this month.

What are your plans for the weekend?

Linda OH

• msmeow

I haven't done much needlework this week. I had orchestra rehearsals at church on Monday & Wednesday nights, and Wed. and Thurs. I had training at work that lasted until 6pm. After that I just wanted dinner and my bed! LOL

I plan to work on my Jacob's ladder blocks tomorrow and Sunday afternoon. They are partially assembled. I'll be happy if I can finish assembling them. If I get any sewn together that will be icing on the cake!

Donna

• bev2009

I friend pieced and sandwiched a quilt for Africa. She doesn't like to FMQ, so she's dropping it off for me to do, then she'll bind. I don't know if I'll get anymore done. Too many UFO's!

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL

I want to do a little organizing this week-end for retreat. Also, I have blocks completed for a quilt and am thinking about 'webbing' them together and complete at retreat.....or not. Decisions decisions decisions. :-)

• Char

I have to work half a day Saturday, but I plan to come home and work on another baby quilt. I also have some reorganizing to do in my sewing room before my sister comes for the quilt show....need to pick up some of my projects that I have sprawled all over the place, lol.

• Larri

I've been down with viral laryngitis for over a week. Yuck. I need to make a baby quilt for a niece's shower. Think I need some retail therapy after being cooped up, so I'm headed to my LQS when the rain breaks in a bit. Happy Quilting, y'all!

• ngmnewlywed

I made a couple receiving blankets for my grandson who’s due in August. The shower is in a few weeks.

• toolgranny

Back home again, I must get a king sized quilt bound so I can get on to something new. I have one to send off that's done. Guess I'd better take pictures and get them posted. It's not done till it's posted to the forum!

• Char

I just finished putting together another baby quilt, kind of last minute and all from scraps and stash fabrics! I just never get tired of this pattern.

• bev2009

Very pretty, Char. Do you have a recipient or are you just being proactive? What the pattern called? I really need to have some baby quilts on hand.

• Larri

Love that, Char! So bright and fresh and fun. I'd like to know the pattern name, too, so I can raid my scrap bin. Happy Quilting!

• nannykins

Char, I have that pattern in my to-do file. It turns out beautifully every time I see it done.

Theresa

• nannykins

I knew it was Diamond " something" . Thanks Sharon. Now I can stop trying to remember. It hurts my brain!

Theresa

• Char
    Ty, Sharon, you are correct. Diamond patch it is. And there is a recipient for this one. I just love how it goes together every time! I've probably made 18 or 20 of them and always been satisfied with outcome.