0
jennifer_decaussin

Need some new paint ideas

Jennifer de Caussin

We are preparing to paint our house. We would like to keep a gray color as the primary shade but want to add more color. Any suggestions? We tend to go more modern than traditional even though we have this Cape Cod style home.

Exterior Paint · More Info

BeverlyFLADeziner

We don't often get to see homes that look great to begin with. LOVE your home as is. It's subtle and classy. Don't ruin it.

• celerygirl

Nice looking house. I would not do a lot with colors. May be just paint garage door with the same color as siding? Or roof color?

• houssaon

Looks great!

• lovemrmewey

Love this house! The low feathery green plants in the forefront in the bed and the vine (growing from pots!) are so appealing. What are they, if you don't mind sharing.

Jennifer de Caussin thanked lovemrmewey
    Creative Visual Concepts, Kevin Strader

Maybe just take the main house color a little bit darker gray. That would create more contrast between the trim, roof and house color. Then pick a bright color for the front door to make it more of a focal point. Since the gray and white are neutrals then just about any color would work. If you're interested in seeing some virtual makeovers check my web site, Creative Visual Concepts.

• cat_ky

Your house looks great already. If you must have a bit of color, then use it in the form of flowers and plants, on your porch, or scattered through your landscaping.

• Jennifer de Caussin

@lovemrmewey the flowers in the pots are sun parasol mandevilla. The others in the planters are Agapanthus.

• chloebud

Jennifer, I love your house and the colors you have now. We also have mandevilla and agapanthus. The plants in the foreground of your photo look a lot like foxtail fern...?

• Jennifer de Caussin

@chloebud I think they are asparagus ferns.

• chloebud

Jennifer, I always get them mixed up. Aren't the Mandevilla pretty? Right now we have the Red Riding Hood and Alice Du Pont varieties. Your Sun Parasol is another nice one.

• emmarene9

The only way I can see to add color is with the front door. Then you could buy garden art in that color.

I am not suggesting either color. Sometimes colors don't come out right with the Visualizer.

Someone mentioned going darker. So I made this.

It's just a tad darker and I don't think it is an improvement.