0
nissen_em

Ideas to finish Living Room?

nissen_em
Toss cushions? Throw? Want to do a giant ottoman instead of tables- not sure if I want to do round, square or rectangular... thoughts?

Sabrina Alfin Interiors

Get some more throw pillows for the sofa in a complementary color from the purple pillows. Perhaps a golden yellow or a sage green. The space needs a little brightening.

• nissen_em
    The pillows on the chairs are grey, they look super purple in the photo now that you point it out though.. so bizarre!
    Sabrina Alfin Interiors

Ha! Well in that case, pick some brighter colors to offset the all gray scheme. Teal, dark blue, aqua, even orange might be nice.

• nissen_em
    Would any of these work?
  • calidesign

I think a rectangular glass and metal coffee table would look best. But if you want the ottoman to put your feet on, get a rectangular one so you have room for a large square tray for drinks, etc. Or consider a rustic wood table. I would also use very narrow (12") end tables at the open end of the sofa and between the two chairs.

• celerygirl

I would pick colors for throw pillows from your FP art

• chispa

I laughed at your Rottweiler sneaking into the photo!

• ingrid_vc so. CA zone 9

You need strong colors, like the teal and terra cotta in your first inspiration photo. The other ones are all too pale and don't change the overall pale look. Try yellow, aqua, green, brick red - anything to bring your otherwise nice room to life.

• celerygirl

Teal might be good, but you do not have anything teal in room. I would get rug with some color and then pick color from rug for accent pillows. Shag rugs are out already.

• nissen_em
    Love these neutral spaces. They look so calm and comfortable. I want to achieve “this” in my space.
  • nissen_em
    While a new rug would be nice to bring in more colour, this one is less than 2 years old and cost $$$. I can’t justify replacing it...
  • nissen_em
    Best place to buy inexpensive, nice toss cushions in store or online? (Canada)
  • katrina_ellen

I think white or off white textured pillows on the sofa would be nice or as celery girl mentioned, tones similar to your art over the FP.

• calidesign

I agree that fluffy white or soft gold pillows would look great while still keeping your room neutral.