0
roseseek

"Hello" from John (figinsanity) and Brindabella Purple Prince

roseseek
April 17, 2019

I just received this from John (figinsanity)...

" Since I don't post at How-uzzless anymore, I thought you might want to let the forum know that the Brindabella Purple Prince rose is available on eBay. Some of the members were desperately looking for a source back before the debacle. Hirt's Greenhouse is the seller, who is a reputable source. I've had good luck with their plants. The roses are in 4" pots. They also have two other Brindabella selections, "Glow" and "Touch of Pink". Here's the link for Purple Prince. Give my regards to the forum, and thanks in advance ;)

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Brindabella-Purple-Prince-Shrub-Rose-One-of-the-Worlds-Most-Fragrant-4-pot/293052755392?hash=item443b4e2dc0:g:zd8AAOSw0Rpctwpx:sc:USPSPriority!37774!US!-1

"

• jerijen

I miss him.

• ingrid_vc so. CA zone 9

What a gorgeous rose. I miss him too but can't blame anyone for not wanting to stick with Houzz. My husband has great disdain for Houzz, having suffered along with me through the Houzz debacle (he knows computers, and thinks that company has either grossly underpaid or bat &% crazy programmers). My personal take is that they're a monolithic money-making machine who couldn't care less about users unless they're buying something from them. It has become the way of the world.

• jc_7a_MiddleTN

I think there is another seller, too.

Lilyfinch got a new one this year, if I'm not mistaken.

• Sheila z8a Rogue Valley OR

I think the incompetence theory is probably the right one, and it does seem to be an increasing problem.

• Plumeria Girl (Florida ,9b)
    I miss John
    How is he doing ?
    jin
  • Dingo2001 - Z5 Chicagoland

I miss John too! I’ve been checking Hirt’s, they must have just added it. It survived -26 here, I like it!

• Dingo2001 - Z5 Chicagoland

Omg! The pink and the glow are on sale for $4.99. 17 in stock :)

• Melissa Northern Italy zone 8

Thanks, Kim and John! John, nice to hear from you!

• comtessedelacouche (10b S.Australia: hotdryMedclimate)

Just out of interest, are HTs usually described as 'shrub roses' in the US? I mean, technically, all roses are shrubs of course, but in roses, in my non-expert understanding, I've always thought it to mean those (usually) more natural looking/somewhat less hybridised appearing/shrubby varieties that don't fit into any other category.

Please say hello to John, Kim, and tell him we miss him very much. If he did come back ever, we would definitely be roasting the fatted calf (or veggie equivalent) to celebrate his Return. Such a sad loss to our community, along with Virginia, and Paul Barden for a while at least, all due to Houzz incompetency/ weirdness.

roseseek thanked comtessedelacouche (10b S.Australia: hotdryMedclimate)
  • roseseek

Thanks, Comtesse. I'm letting him know what's happening here. Who knows? Perhaps it might encourage him to drop in?

• Plumeria Girl (Florida ,9b)
    Kim, I hope he does. He wrote me last year Bec I try to convince him but he refused. I hope you can change his mind.
    The other is Virginia who got me into roses. She and Jeri guided me and I am very grateful to both of them. I wish she can come back too.
    Lisa is my dear friend who always call it vise versa. She really guided me. I almost bought a rose that I am so thankful for not getting it. Couldite Souper or something like that. I see Rekha has a thread on it and it balls so badly in rain and extremely humid conditions. I still have a list that Lisa gave me and I am definitely getting all of them.
    I hope John can post his beautiful pics here. I would love to see his Bridezilla Bec I have not seen it yet.
    It is a great price. Tell him Thank you :)

Jin
    roseseek thanked Plumeria Girl (Florida ,9b)
  • Plumeria Girl (Florida ,9b)
    Call me not call it ***
    Opps, mistakes again.
    jin
  • summersrhythm_z6a

Thanks Kim for letting us know! 3 great roses!!

Please tell John we want him to come back and thanks for the info!

And this is why now I have way over 1000 roses! It won’t hurt to collect a few more. Lol

roseseek thanked summersrhythm_z6a
  • roseseek thanked summersrhythm_z6a