Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_253034300

Help please with ranch curb appeal

HU-253034300
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

I have a foreclosed ranch which needs some curb appeal limited entry and only one side light on the door any suggestions would be great

Comments (7)

• jbtanyderi
    5 years ago
    Paint the livingroom bump out and the garage gable (straight line across from roof top to roof tip) a darker colour. Lose the shutters. Pinckney a dramatic colour for the front door.
  • Brown Dog
    5 years ago

This is a very pretty house with lots of potential! I like the shutters but your current ones are too narrow. I would replace with real working shutters that fit your windows and with exposed open/close hardware. Maybe choose a panelled shutter. Powerwash your siding to get it back to white. Replace front door with fibreglass wood door with sidelight (and no storm door). Use the same wood colour of door on the shutters, so, wood door, wood shutters. Replace garage door with white carriage door with windows. Replace octagonal gable vent over garage with a wood grain vent to match door & shutters. Replace front sidewalk with one that's at least double the width (should be wide enough for 2 people to walk side by side comfortably). Remove overgrown shrubs and replace with new flowerbeds. Can't tell from pic if your lighting is ok but replace if necessar, I like the style of your existing lights. Good luck!

• RedRyder
    5 years ago
    Brown Dog has a lot of good ideas. With a door so far away, I’d make it a strong color to contrast the house. If you can power wash it and keep it the current white, then most any bright color will do. If you choose to do a whole new paint job, then tell us the color and we can help with the door. The walkway definitely needs widening and the landscaping is sad. Colorful flowers along the walk and under the windows will help a lot. Not sure of your budget, but if you can afford to replace the garage door, that would go a long way to updating the look of the house. The garage is really prominent.
  • User
    4 years ago

A nice medium sized evergreen near the corner of the house might be nice and add a little weight/volume to that side. And I'd lose or move the roses (or??) next to the driveway. Again, to shift the weight, visually.

• PRO
    BeverlyFLADeziner
    4 years ago

That is a really lovely house. Has great potential. Here are some landscaping ideas. Not sure about the shutters. I would add a trellis over the garage door and add windows to the top panel of the garage door.

If you have the roof and the siding washed, you might be surprised by the results.

• HU-253034300
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Fantastic!!!! thank you for the great ideas !!

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting