0
kindra_groshong

Paint color dilemma for accent wall

Grokinela
April 23, 2019
last modified: April 23, 2019

help! We are looking for a color that will help our north facing living room not look quite so cold. It is now a gray color that looked amazing in our last home, but turned very blue and simply doesn’t work here. The rest of the room is a creamy warm white. The fireplace marble has greenish veIns running throughout. We cannot change out the leather furnishings or the carpet. Ideas?

Living room · More Info

Living room · More Info

Sina Sadeddin Architectural Design

Skip the accent wall. It's not really highlighting anything worthy, especially since the fireplace and TV are already the focal point of the room. The home seems to be mainly warm toned so stay away from cool colors like grey.

Grokinela thanked Sina Sadeddin Architectural Design
  • Grokinela

I totally agree! But since we don’t want to repaint the rest of the room (and don’t have matching wall color) I think it’s going to have to be a different color. A warmer green? Tan? All I know is that I want this blue/gray color gone!

• Sonya Oden
    I don’t hate the grey but maybe an orange toned grey that doesn’t have the blue if that’s what you are disliking
    Grokinela thanked Sonya Oden