Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jbeaver777

Want update are room, we live in a 200sf room , that need updated

jbeaver777
10 years ago
We live here to help my girlfriends 80 year old grandmother, looking for was to make more room or something

Comments (8)

• Emily H
    10 years ago
    Any more pictures of the room you can share?
  • saya85
    10 years ago
    Hiya :)
    It's so sweet to hear of someone moving in to look after their grandmother :) bravo

But yes I'm sure you need your own sanctuary!

Are you just looking to move things around? Or buy new things for better storage etc
    do you want to redecorate? Budget?

I'm a little confused about the layout but it's very early in the Morning here- so maybe I just need a coffee! In your first pic... Is the tv to the right hand side?aybe you could sketch a quick floor plan / take an angles pic from the door

Anyway, first things first- can your bed rotate 90deg and still fit?
  • jbeaver777
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    I like this room the box room, I feel as I live in a box, on the right side of the room there are to doors, one to the bathroom and the other closet , the main entrance is right next to the tv.
  • saya85
    10 years ago
    Ahh yes later I guessed the tv was on left... Ok so how about this? Turn the bed round so that the headboard is against the window wall 90 deg... Then move the fridge and other things into the corner opposite bed- where the armchair is now?

I'm assuming that means the bed and 'kitchenette' will now be on the right side of room? And then your sofa and tv can be on the left?
  • Terri Smith
    10 years ago
    I would consider are a very large almost room size rug with a large painting above the bed. Try the MACYS web site and looking under the closeout rug section. I've gotten great buys there and they deliver for free. Think about a large painting, 3 x 4 ft , over the bed. Etsy web site has them you buy from the painters themselves with tons of styles with a a lot for under $200. you help the actual painter rather then a big box store and you have an actual original piece of art for your home.

I take the item above your bed now and group it with the one on the left wall along with the one on the door.

I like the vase on the floor next to the recliner. You can always use that someplace in the future. perhaps next to the tv and move what I think is a fish tank to the other dresser. Filled them with the fake flowers but get them from the really good decorator stores, not the craft stores, you'll notice the difference. If you can find someplace to store the items between the chair and the wall that would be good.

Have fun!!
  • saya85
    10 years ago
    Why not go for something dramatic http://houzz.com/photos/453142
  • jbeaver777
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    Thanks for the great ideas, now it's time to work. Ill let know how it going.