renovate001

calm feel plz!! - bath floor, shower floor and shower walls conundrum

renovate001

I need pro help on bathroom design. We would like it to keep it not busy but not boring either. So it is a small bathroom with only shower (no tub). Shower has glass door. Walls are going to be white/whitish. There is a small skylight in the center. Vanity counter top white and so are cabinets. Now I am so confused on flooring. we wanted to add statuario porcelain (marble looking tiles in white grey veins) on shower walls. I don't want to use same for shower floor and bathroom floor. I think it would show dirt if we add it to bathroom floor. Can i add a light biege for both bathroom and shower floors or may be just bathroom floor? Any other color scheme that will look good for a small bathroom?

• renovate001
    These are the two tiles i am considering- white for shower walls and biege for bathroom floor
    Diana Bier Interiors, LLC

I would not mix those two tiles together. Use either white or beige, but not both.

Also, for an uninterrupted look, use the same floor in the shower as in the rest of the bathroom. Make sure that it is rated for wet use to avoid slipping.

If you go with the marble-look porcelain on the shower walls, then use a small hexagon, octagon and dot, or basketweave on the floor, which are all classic looks. The beige tile looks more modern, so you'd want to get complementary tiles in that same color in a more contemporary style.

• renovate001
    I was trying to get contemporary look. So if i discard white one, any ideas what other tiles can go with biege? For wet proof, shower would need 2X2 cut of same tiles and going with matte is been recommended to us by our contractor. I don’t want to use same biege for all 3 - bathroom floor, shower floor and shower walls. Also since it is a small bathroom, anything to factor in brightness and enough light. (That is the reason we discarded cement look porcelain tiles)
  • renovate001
    On the other hand if i go with white, what’s opinion about this one - white makes the shower bright and easy to clean and darker bathroom floor makes dirt show less. Thinking functionality wise it is a great combination. But i am not so sure if it is the greatest look.
    Diana Bier Interiors, LLC

Hard to comment on that photo since it's hard to discern what the floor tile is.

Here are some beige modern bathrooms for inspiration:

Modern bathroom with marble look porcelain tile on floors and walls · More Info

Neutral Tones in Modern Bathroom · More Info

Locust Street Baths · More Info

The Fenyrose · More Info

renovate001 thanked Diana Bier Interiors, LLC
  • renovate001

I have browsed thousands of pictures in last couple of weeks but seriously, your's are the best ones. Thank you so much!!

Diana Bier Interiors, LLC

You're welcome renovate001! They are all on Houzz and are beautiful!

Good luck with your project!

JAN MOYER

With ANY porcelain tile on shower walls, the easiest thing is to repeat it on the floor. The reason is , so many of these do NOT have a collection companion in a mosaic. But there is nothing wrong , with a contrasting tile on the shower floor, darker and easier to keep clean.

renovate001 thanked JAN MOYER