valerie_parish

I'm looking for Whitney, Wintergreen and Hahnii Jade

Valerie Parish
last modified: May 6, 2019

I've been skimming the sansevieria posts here and am floored, not to mention amazed. And I'm afraid I've been bitten by the bug! Mind you, I have only one old mother-in-law's tongue from a relative's funeral about 15 years ago, I think it was. At one point last year the pot broke outside on the porch (a big storm blew in and knocked it over) so I repotted it, cut the roots to heck and back, and it's doing very well. Anyway, I can't find Whitney anywhere that I can afford! Where do you find/buy the plants you want? Any good pointers for me on where to shop? Thank you!

• Robdb8

I found my Whitney at a Lowes Hardware, I've only seen a handful more of that variety (as well as the occasional Hahnii varieties) and they were very sparse. There are occasionally decent prices from sellers on ebay/etsy/random online sites. Other than that, online trade from other posters is nice to do.

Valerie Parish thanked Robdb8
  • Stush2049 Pitts. PA, zone 6

I gave quite a few out over the years but mine is just getting by. Maybe next year I'll have some to give out. This year I am giving out Sans. futura Asahi but I think I reached the limit on those to promised ones.

I found my best luck in the big box stores but for the last few years they seem like nobody is selling them. I used to see them in Giant Eagle, Walmarts, Kmarts (gone), Home Depot, Lowes. I always look around.

• akrrm (Nancy in NJ 7a)

I found my Whitney at Ikea

• Stush2049 Pitts. PA, zone 6

What, no picture?

• Sans2014

It is cheapest to buy at big box stores, but Amazon, Hirt's Gardens and Glasshouseworks are on line options.

• hellkitchenguy Manuel

There's a lady on Facebook who sells plants. Just today she posted pics of beautiful Whitneys she has for sale, fully grown. I've bought plants from her, and the quality of the plant and shipping is excellent. Her name is

Imee Ratnavichyalert

• Mary978

Hi! I just got a beautiful ‘Whitney’ on Etsy for $14.99... I thought it was a good price... don’t mind the mess in the background; I spent the day repotting!

• Stush2049 Pitts. PA, zone 6

Mary, Looks nice, strong and healthy Good find.

Manuel, Does Imee sell from her nursery or just facebook? Doesn't show price or shipping.

• hellkitchenguy Manuel

Stush2049 Pitts. PA, zone 6 : She lives in San Diego, and sells for many growers. She only sells through Facebook. You would have to send her a message. She only sells plants hand selected by her. I highly recommend her.