takingcharge

Master bath shower pan leaking; kids bath also needs redo

takingcharge
Our new home's nicer bath, the master bathroom, turned out to have a shower pan leak. We would love to reconfigure it and expand it by a few feet and I'm not crazy about the tan color of the toilet either. But with the insurance not covering the leak and all the other repairs needed throughout the house, a dream master bathroom befitting the house's stunning curb appeal isn't in the cards without a sweepstakes.
My husband has cut the cultured marble shower walls a foot from the shower floor using a circular saw so that a plumber can install a new shower pan. He is now preparing to reinforce the studs rotted by the old shower leak. We are crossing our fingers that we will find new tile to match the 30 year old marble floor and cultured marble walls to avoid having to redo the whole thing.
The Jack&Jill kids' bath needs a remodel as well: fixtures are old and tub looks poorly installed. I'm painting the kids' bath sink cabinet this weekend and am planning to paint right over the hideous wallpaper. We will see how it goes! The laundry room could be more fun and better ventilated, but we have to focus on the other repairs. Help!