0
mc_raupi

What to do.....what to do......?

MC RauPi

We have a Great Room, and it's great...... but the ceilings are vaulted and we have this space between our patio doors and our fireplace cabinets/storage that needs "something". Tall vertical art? wall sculpture? Vertical triptych? Would be a great place for a beverage cart or bar/hutch but needs to not crowd the adjacent cabinet and door. What would you do here? Examples? Thank you.

• aprilneverends

love your room. Fireplace plus storage plus media area is very neat

I'd put art or plant. Or both art and plant))

I wouldn't worry about the art being very tall. Or it being a specific kind of art. Or it being one piece vs couple. Just something that you love

MC RauPi thanked aprilneverends
  • pamghatten

Lovely spot for a series of framed anything (art, prints, photography, etc.) stacked one on top of the other.

MC RauPi thanked pamghatten
  • ilikefriday

Your home looks fabulous.

MC RauPi thanked ilikefriday
  • IdaClaire

Love the thought of a series of framed photographic prints, stacked on that wall. You really don't need anything there, though -- although I totally understand the desire to incorporate more art!

MC RauPi thanked IdaClaire
    CDR Design, LLC

The room looks great! You need some work on the shelves. There is a photo overload.

When you have that many photos, usually none are seen. You need to keep them simple. the focal point is the fireplace.

Here is an example of well-curated shelves.

Fireplace · More Info

MC RauPi thanked CDR Design, LLC
  • kulrn

I was also going to suggest a large plant! Nice space!

Greenery NYC | Ficus Audrey Tree 14" | Potted Indoor Plant Delivery · More Info

Orren Ellis Crim Ceramic Pot Planter & Reviews | Wayfair · More Info

MC RauPi thanked kulrn
  • pink_peony

Is it possible for you to do a second cabinet base and shelves to match the other side? I would have a base cabinet and shelving added to make it look uniform then with the space remaining place a fiddle leaf plant. Hanging a long drapery panel from just below ceiling to floor would take up visual space as well.

• celerygirl

Some idea with mcm wine cart from West Elm.

MC RauPi thanked celerygirl
  • Yayagal

That looks perfect Celery.

• kulrn

Maybe a round to soften the space a bit?

Millwright Bar Cart & Reviews | Joss & Main · More Info

• Brown Dog

What I would love to see is the whole wall clad in stackstone including behind the shelving. Then that wall wouldn't need anything else. Would be beautiful on it's own.

MC RauPi thanked Brown Dog
  • celerygirl

Found this pic today

Modern Mountain Home · More Info

Modern Mountain Home · More Info

MC RauPi thanked celerygirl