0
citykid02128

Home Exterior Paint Color

citykid02128

Hello - we're painting the exterior of a 1960's colonial. The current color is a soft/light grey cedar shingle with a black door. All of the trim is white and we do not have shutters. I'm leaning toward BM Raccoon Fur with a light blue/aqua door and keeping trim in white. It's been suggested that we're making a mistake with such a dark color that will appear black. Any thoughts or advice you can share?

• cat_ky

We could use pictures, before commenting. However, I will make one comment anyway. BM Raccoon fur, will only look darker and blacker in some areas. It will show very blue in others. I once painted all my interior trim, with raccoon fur. In a couple rooms, I loved it. In other rooms, it was very blue. I ended up repainting every single bit of trim in the house black. Would have been easier to do the black in the first place. So I really think if you use it, be prepared for parts of your house to look very blue.

• citykid02128

Thank you! Was it more of a deep charcoal blue? Here is the only pic I have of the outside.