0
tangeladavenport

decorating dilemma

Tangela Davenport
It’s been a while since I posted on here. I am in desperate need of help decorating staging my furniture, maybe rehabbing my dining room table. I need advice on everything. I welcome any help and feedback

• decoenthusiaste

The colors in your art appear to go well with the sofa. However, the mirror just seems too heavy and ornate for the rest of your furniture and art. I would hang the Eiffel Tower 5" above the sofa, and, move the sofa table and linear art left so you can take advantage of the outlet to add a lamp there. New linear chandelier, a pair of buffet lamps, plus replacement of the ceiling fan with a pretty light seem in order since it is all so dark. You'll probably need a floor lamp in the living area too. The floors are crying for nice, big rugs; one under the dining table (36-42" larger all around than the table top) and one for the seating area (at least 2' wider than the sofa or more.)

Light Hand-Tufted Area Rug, Dark Blue, 7'6"x9'6" · More Info

Tangela Davenport thanked decoenthusiaste
  • Tangela Davenport

You are awesome! Thank you so so much for the advice.

• celerygirl

Here is my rendering with Deco rug

Tangela Davenport thanked celerygirl
  • celerygirl

May be this rug is not so busy

Dynamic Rugs from BBandB. Use 20% off coupon.

Tangela Davenport thanked celerygirl
  • celerygirl

I would move the mirror above the console in entryway and move all boxes and runner from the room.

Tangela Davenport thanked celerygirl
  • ghostlyvision

I'd also change out the chairs in the living room to something a little more comfortable, the ones you have look a bit too small and not very comfy. A small side table between them would be nice as well.

Tangela Davenport thanked ghostlyvision
  • groveraxle

I like celery's last two renderings. Except in the entry, I'd use a longer console and lower plant stand, or set the plant on the floor. If you want a runner, put it by the front door where it will be useful.

Tangela Davenport thanked groveraxle
  • groveraxle

Oh yeah, your chandelier over the dining table is way too high, and I'd replace the living room chairs with upholstered armchairs that look comfortable. The two there now look like dining chairs.

• Tangela Davenport thanked groveraxle
    BeverlyFLADeziner

Paint the walls a lighter version of greige. Your rooms could use more light.

Tangela Davenport thanked BeverlyFLADeziner