0
poonam_kadam

What color cabinets would go great with giallo ornamental granite?

Peoc
Hello folks,

What colored kitchen cabinets would go great with the giallo ornamental granite? Browns are typically used with this granite. But I am looking to stay away from browns. Changing the granite is not an option at the moment. Can I work colors like grey or blues with this granite for my kitchen cabinets?

Barnes Custom Builders

I would go more with cream/white. I think there are too many warm tones to go the gray route.

The Cook's Kitchen

I’ve often used creamy whites like Alabaster and Whitetail with the Giallos.

• Peoc
    I agree. Warmer whites work best for this. I am big fan of cooler tones. But I guess this wont work with my existing countertop
  • celerygirl

Warm colors will go good.

• suzyq53

Maybe warm greige.

• mark_rachel

I would stay away from grays & blues. Can we see a picture of the stone?

• Peoc
    the stone color is exactly what celery girl posted
  • eld6161

Yes to a creamy white. I have the same granite and it was a mistake to pair it with Dove White cabinets. It was very difficult finding a BS to tie it all together. So, that is something else to consider.

We finally went with Gracia Rixi crema subway tiles and it tied everything together nicely, but it took months to find it!

If you chose one of the colors above, think about the BS too.

Creamy white IMHO would be the best solution.

Here is my kitchen:

• Peoc
    Thank you all for the suggestions. Creamy white and greige seem to be my best options
    Beth H. :

agree,,,creamy white is the best (not too yellow though. just a nice, off-white)

this one is a little brighter white. if your slab has more whites, rather than golds, you could do this. (don't forget brighter white lighting)

I like this too