0

Overhang on vanity top

HU-651269524

Today my contractor installed a 30 inch vanity in our half bathroom. I bought a inset cabinet door style and a precut vanity top. I did not realize until it was put together that the overhang seems really big to me. The store that sold me this did not even mention once and my contractor also did not seem to think about it as he did not see anyone put inset in the bathroom. I am not sure if 1.5 inch is really a lot. It does not seem modern to me. Please give some guidance on what choice do I have and if it is looking really bad. I am doing a wainscoting and half inch backsplash around the whole bathroom. Appreciate some feedback.

• felizlady

Your cabinets aren’t modern, so your countertop doesn’t have to be modern, either. They are new and good- looking.
    You must have meant something other than a “half-inch” backsplash. I would run the backsplash from the counter to the mirror, whatever the measurement.

Joseph Corlett, LLC

Rip an inch off the back if you've got the room for your faucet and backsplash.

I garee the cabinets are not modern so if that was what you wanted you missed the mark with both the cabinet and wainscoting. I think if it bothers you have it trimmed from the back edge.