0
l4lamia

Frustrated with Master Bedroom- How to Tie it all together

Lami Nahoul

Need help and ideas in bringing the furnishing and decor together - not sure if adding some color or replacing / updating some accessories would help - I also have a large Trudeau mirror and a picture currently on the floor but not sure where to hang them.

• FinallyHome

Lovely room.

Diana Bier Interiors, LLC

I'd add some color and pattern. You could put up floral or geometric curtain panels, hung from rods and rings. You could stage the bed by using layers--pillow shams, decorative pillows, quilt. Select one fabric with a pattern you like, and then work around it. Even if it's just a decorative pillow, it can serve as a jumping off point for a color palette. Or get a patterned rug and play off that.

Also all your wood furniture is the same, and the same as the walls. I'd paint the walls in a contrasting color--pick a color from your "lead" fabric.

• mzloolue

What if you try some colored shams and a folded colored quilt on the foot of the bed? Pillows for the chair and sofa? You could even change the color seasonally. The room looks wonderfully restful and it doesn't need much, if anything.

• shirlpp

So you started painting and did not finish. Why not pick up the blue in your lamp base as an accent for pillows and a throw for the end of your bed. Not sure if there's a need for the Trudeau mirror.

• Lami Nahoul

Thank you for your ideas.
    Question: should I change the table lamps to ceramic lamps with design add more warmth? What about the mirror..hang it or not?

BeverlyFLADeziner

Good start, but everything is vanilla. The room could use some contrast and texture. I have chose these colors for your room. Not sure I would keep the sofa and tables. It's starting to get crowded in there.

Diana Bier Interiors, LLC

Here are some ideas for you for adding some interest to a bedroom with white furniture:

Carriage Hill · More Info

Bayshores · More Info

Pretty in Pink master bedroom · More Info

New England Estate · More Info

Vermont Village House · More Info

• snobunyz24

I like bedrooms with minimal contrasting colors—. That being said- if the color palette is very similar i think you need interesting textures. Perhaps bring in something organic as well- plants fresh cut flowers, etc

• snobunyz24

Perhaps remove the photos over the bed and add soft white curtains to all of the windows to add kore texture/softness to the room. Make sure to hang them high and wider than the windows

BANDD DESIGN

It looks like you just need a few pillows that add color, and some artwork to bring it together. We're not sure the current artwork does the room any favors. Maybe also some great curtains for the room?

Austin Master Suite · More Info

Camelot New Build: Bedroom 2 · More Info