0
michael_overcash97

ISO help decorating new construction: large modern coastal home

Michael Overcash

We have four children and the house centers around fun activities for them. We have a large indoor climbing wall, and upstairs stage for performances, outdoors there is a trampoline, playground, ninja course. Some of the areas of the house are still very empty with no decorations or furniture at all. Help!

• Karen Rose

Wow! You are definitely braver than I with the climbing wall. Cool idea but there’s no way I could deal with the stress of my kids always on that thing lol. From what I can see your house is definitely modern and very pretty. Why kind of decor do you need? I would stick to the minimalist approach if you’d like to keep it kid-friendly. Maybe artwork? Do you have a coffee table or rug for the sectional? Maybe a tufted ottoman might be more kid friendly, and a fuzzy soft rug.

You seem to have a handle on the furniture so not sure what you are looking for decor wise maybe a bit more info. I actually like the climbing wall it is like a piece of art. I think you need rugs for sound absorbtion and A lot of lower level lighting too.I find your TV mounted too high and that wall could use a long low cabinet to anchor the TV.Probably a few more pieces of art on thos empty walls . Tjis is a beautiful home but needs some warmth so rugs , drapes some softer materials for sure with some texture. Some ideas fo what rooms still need furniture would be helpful for sure.

• IdaClaire

I actually agree with everything Patricia just said. That is one cool wall. What a fun home you're creating for your family! Kudos.

• Yayagal

The poster didn't ask for insults, shame on you.

• Yayagal

I like the home and the wall piece and I agree with Patricia and Ida, soften up the room a bit with textures and a gorgeous rug.

• IdaClaire

I reported the hateful comment. Enough of the trash talk in this forum!

• hollybar

Rugs (maybe Paul Smith/Rug Studio) and art would be next for me. And plantings on the deck areas outside. Fun and lively home,enjoy!

• chispa

Looks like you need to add some warmth and your personal touch. Add rugs, add texture, add some color, mix in some rustic or Asian antique pieces. Four kids probably means lost of art work potential! Frame them and make a gallery wall. Add plants (some leafy green, some orchids, some succulents).

• jmm1837

Agree with every one else - rugs, more art, plants - and a few things that have personal meaning to you (I have a few copper and brass trays up on my walls -aquired during visits to Turkey, India and Egypt - ahh, memories!)

Who was being insulting and really if you don’tlike a comment then don’t read it and if it needs reporting let the person who is the poster report it if they are offended you are not the comment police BTW.

• girlnamedgalez8a

Patricia it looks like the offending comment has been taken down. I don't think this was about your post. It must have been pretty bad.

• decoenthusiaste

I don't think you can lower the TV since it is above the FP, but you could add some rugs. With kids and the messes that can follow them, you might enjoy washable rugs from ruggable.com. They can add a lot of color and pattern underfoot that would be fun in your home. They're having a Memorial Day sale too I believe!

• Hamma

could you please adopt me, I want to be your kid. Thx, bye :)

• remodeling1840

Funny, I thought the comment that has been removed was to the point. I agreed. It essentially said to ask the children. I often recommend that to parents who ask about decorating a child’s space.

• IdaClaire

This forum invites active participation by all, making it possible for anyone to flag inappropriate comments for moderator review and determination. It's a good thing designed to maintain a respectful, inclusive community where everyone is welcome to share their homes. Needlessly biting, judgmental comments made upon viewing a few photos is just wrong. Meanness ain't cool, y'all.

• Zalco/bring back Sophie!

The house looks amazing. Accessories, art, etc get accumulated over time.