meyermike_1

Brian, how are you? How are the trees? Pics please?

Meyermike(Zone 6a Ma.)
last modified: June 3, 2019

Hey buddy, been missing you around here and the pictures of your trees too)

How has the weather been? Still cold? How are your trees doing? Are they outside yet?

Seems all of our weather has been coming from your area lately and it's been unusually cold for this time of the year. I heard even snow today in some parts for you. Is that crazy or what?

Many here are speaking of hot weather and for weeks, while we are basking in cold still. Depressing.

Low 40's tonight for me, coldest I have seen it for June standards for sure.t((

Miss you buddy, hugs

• Bob

Maybe you want to start a paw paw group, squirrels don’t bother or a couple of other oddball trees.

Second fruiting, one more to go. How about some oriental persimmon?

• nulesm

Nice looking fruits and trees Bob!!!! I think the paw paw can even be grown up here . Isn't the tree in the last photo a Jaboticaba the tree Amy just bought ? She's going to love that pic . No more trees for me Bob . We bought a honey crisp apple tree in the spring we still haven't planted it yet don't no where to put it lol.

Brian

How to post Houzz pics

If you want to actually attach a non-Houzz picture, you have to download the photo and save it to your computer then upload it onto the Houzz Discussion post you initiate. If copying and pasting non-Houzz images works for you, then I guess that's fine. If you copy and paste a URL for a non-Houzz photo, you can't remove it, because it is the only route for users to see that photo. The fact that you can copy and paste a Houzz photo, and the pic shows up at the bottom of the post AND provides a link label (instead of an ugly URL) is unique to this Houzz system. Of course, Houzz wants you to use Houzz photos, so they're going to make that the elegant option. Still, you can't copy a Houzz pic URL, paste it, and remove it and have the photo remain. And, in order to mind copyright issues, Houzz doesn't let you download photos from their site.

How do you feel about decorating with faux/silk trees?

Spouse has serious allergies, including to potmix. I had to remove every plant from the house. As for using faux/silk, he is also terribly allergic to dust mites. So anything dust trapping isn't good either. I guess it has to be painted or photographed from now on. There is nothing like real plants; period. I am currently paying a lot of good money, time, and effort to maintain a year-round greenhouse to house my plants that I choose to keep, because of his allergies. I can always go visit the 'bloom-N-green' zone without him suffering. (and in colder/snow weather, it is wonderful to go into my private jungle and putter)

How to build tree house ?

I agree with ASV Interiors that it's good to get professional help, but this book has plans and therefore is an excellent place for you to start. Here is a link so that you can preview it on-line: http://www.amazon.com/Tree-Houses-You-Actually-Build/dp/0395892732. You wiill see that it covers everything through clear simple instructions and line drawings that illustrate every step of the project. It will truly inspire you and help you realise that your dream is possible.

How to stake trees?

Hello Tim Method #1. Hammer in two stakes, one on either side of tree, and add a cross beam to the stakes. Now use a rubber tree spacer and screw to cross beam. Run the strap through the spacer and secure. See picture of double staked tress in link. The reason they are staked low is so the tree will not rely on the stakes to support its self, they are there to secure the root ball. Method #2. If the tree is top heavy u could use a good strong bamboo pole and at intervals secure it to the tree, this will help the tree support its own weight until it matures. Method #3 Tree anchor method. 1: Dig around the tree to a depth of about 6 inches, hammer in three tree stakes in a triangular pattern. 2: Cut off excess tree stakes to about 2 inches below lawn surface, make a notch in each stake about an inch deep, level side on top. 3: Use ratchet straps (2 of) to anchor the tree in place by crisscrossing the root ball, if you imagine the triangle again, each angle 1, 2 & 3. Tie strap to 1 wrap around 2 and secure at 3. Do this with second strap at different points. Cover up and you now have a secure tree. It is important that the stakes are below ground level otherwise there could be a possibility of a trip hazard or damage to lawn mower blades. The whole job should not take more than an an hour.
  • Bob

Brian, make sure that apple tree isn’t grafted on M 7. Too big of a tree and also less flavor too. M27 dwarf would be better or some of the newer dwarfs I am not familiar with.

Yes, my trusted Jabo tree. Last fruiting when I have this guy in the shop. Water, water , water and organics.

• poncirusguy6b452xx

My apples trees are on m111. Very drought proof rootstock.

• nulesm

Bob and Steve not sure what it's grafted on the tag on it doesn't say. It's a beautiful tree it doubled in size this summer though it was quit small when purchased it.

Brian

• Bob

Steve, M111 makes a big tree, almost full size. It makes a healthy tree. Brian if it came from a big box store, it’s probably a MM 7, why? Because M 7 is a trouble free semi dwarf. No returns.

M7 ‘s are very trainables To keep manageable.

Steve, you got to use your monkeys again come picking time. Brian, al least you can grow the sucker in the yard.

• poncirusguy6b452xx

Yup 22 feet tall 18 ft wide and lots of wormy apples not the ootstocks fult

• Bob

Brian,Sorry to bother you again, I like to bring the number up to200 replies with this post before I let you of the hook. I guess we are all waiting for a different explanation.

• nulesm

Lol Bob 200 probably means I talk to much about nothing. Here is a photo of the tag and tree.

Brian

• Bob

Brian, 5 m stands for about 15 feet, to me it means semi dwarf, it probably is a M7. rootstock. Talk too much, nah! Just good to connect. How was dinner?

I am the one doing too much ramblings.

• nulesm

Hi Bob thanks !!!! That's what I was thinking 15 ft in height by 12 ft in width semi . Dinner was delicious barbecue pork chops with baby potatoes yum how was yours ? Beautiful night here about 70 with very little humidity. Going to go outside with my coffee and take it all in . Not many more nights like this left Bob . Enjoy your evening on the lake my friend!!!

Brian

• Bob

Leftovers!

• Bob

Brian, do you speak French? I use to speak French when I work in Switzerland, had to work with a few European engineers. Had to speak, German, French, English and what not .mostly technical language In the research and development department, had my photo darkroom also , pictures for the engineers to study, all kind of testing equipment. All of this before computers. Then retired as a robotic programmer/tech for the last 20 years.

I still do research but only on fruit trees.

• nulesm

Oui je parle francais. Comment étais voter journée! Lol Bob I understand French more than I can speak it . My in laws are French many living in Montreal . Trust me I know all the bad stuff, the bad stuff is so much easier to pick up even at my age . I'm impressed Bob languages aren't the easiest thing to pick up . Sounds like you had a lot of very interesting jobs that took you to some very nice places life's been very good . You must miss it a bit . Lol love the research you do on your trees thats how we learn . You've brought a lot of knowledge here to the forum Bob keep up the great job !!!! Bonne soirée Bob

Brian

• Bob

Je parle un peu francais. Tres bien, Merci beaucoup mon ami, Bonne soirée!

Brian, I could write a song, title,”Did a lot things my way”

• Meyermike(Zone 6a Ma.)

Bob, first off, I hope your summer is going great with you! You enjoying lots of barbecues? Fishing? I wish I had friends that did things like that. They find no time to enjoy nature and have not a clue of how fun it is to grow citrus tree along with other .......It's great to be here with people like you that have a desire to get others excited about what is important to me, to us. so thank you!~! Gracious,

• Bob

It is hard to cram 36 hours into 24. Working on it still, Brian can do it, Laura can do it. Laura little secrets, just bit and pieces, she likes to keep you hanging. Brian different story, I am just guessing with him. He won’t tell you anyway.

• Meyermike(Zone 6a Ma.)

Brian, buddy. I had no idea you spoke FRanch like that, and the bad words too? lol You are crazy buddy. Brian, it had to be the best JUly for me , but as for summer, other than July, what summer? lol They are already predicting 40's by night here a month early. Here I thought September would be much warmer and give us a break from such a lousy COLD June! Don't get me wrong , I don't mind the lack of humidity and the lack of hot, but my poor plants that need heat to grow and to ripen. I am so tired of short summers buddy. I love the t-shirt weather and lately it has been sweat shirts. Strange. Maybe the Amazon forest buring down and catergory 5 hurricanes are having something to do with this. Usually when trees turn early and grass dies it is from drought stress. I know it rained there good for you, but I think you need more than an inch here and there if you get that much to help things along. Here it's never more than an inch and my plants are dying again. You are right. The birds were going nuts every moring in my yard, then poof, gone over night. What happened ? Scary. I miss those birds. I think the season goes by in a blink of an eye when you are having fun. I hate that. It's already almost time to bring in half of my plants. Sorry you could not find that oil where you are . It's like not being able to access the soil you use. You know it's the best stuff you can use! But hopefully Neem will do the job. It is also good stuff if spraringly used. I can always count on you too my friend Thank God I have you in my corner and as my friend! By the way. I can't get over the color of your variegated trees and the beautiful fruit!!! I am always in awe of your trees buddy. I just might lift my greenhouse up next year finally, since I can so much potential for mines. Thank God I never have bugs issues all winter buddy. May be if you spray them down once a month with the stuff you have, they will not take hold this winter. Spray no matter what, leaving no room for eggs to hatch buddy@! Keep your fingers crossed and hope for a long end of summer, please. I can't take an earl;y fall this year. I don't want to be back to using space heaters a month or two early again. HUGS buddy and enjoy them boat rides. Lets' see, I did take one yesterday of Boston harbor and let me see if I can post one for you here)

• Meyermike(Zone 6a Ma.)

Amy, hello!!! How are you these days? How is the healing process going for you? Are you able to be back to normal again? Thank you for your kind words. That means alot, trust me.. Yes, it seems Houzz has removed many and even deleted an entire thread. There is no reason for that, especially when I think I have been as good as I can be with others for years here. I'm guessing there will always be those that hate you, no matter how good you try to be to them. But that is past, 'for now'. Ha. Thank God Dorian missed Florida! I have many friends and family that live right there on the east coast. Now it will turn up towarsd me and I could use the rain. So I pray we get it, nt the detrustion though. Just the benificial rains needed so desperately.

Amy , what a beautiful orchid. It did cheer me up. Thank you. I really appreciate that. Steve is right, many would not do great in the same pots but some would, like Aloe, jades, and some succulents. The ones you posted would not since they like a soil mix to dry out completely and very porous. But they sure are beautiful and I'm glad you have them. You will do a great job that I am sure of. I agree, are not Brian's tree eye candy!!!?? No wonder you went and bought a greenhouse. You will LOVE that and Brian will help you grow yours just as nice as his up there in your country. I am happy for you. Hugs

• nanzjade z5 MA

Amy, ohh wow that is one pretty orchid! I love the color and frilliness of the petals:) One of those would be tempting. Good to know about the centennial kumquats, thanks, do you actually eat the fruit or is too tart and chewy. My memories of kumquats are not pleasant ones, ha. Great colorful array of succulents. Mine love the brightest windows during winter, and I water once they dry out. I wait for a sunny day to water my plants.

Bob, your bbq steak and shrimp look delicious, it's past midnight here and that's got me starving. By the way, it seems you missed Mike's comments to you, easy to do with a long thread.

Brian, thank you for the well wishes, my hands are about 70% better and else ware almost healed completely. Even though I'm broke, managed to spend a little more, stumbled upon a very colorful nemo betta that I've been wanting, and then while cleaning up my 6 gallon fish tank realized how much I hate the tiny built in filter and would be better to get a standard square 10 gallon. Ohh and then a filter, and have to get a lid and light.

Mike, waiting for the dust to settle from the gravel before I get a pic of my new 10 gallon I placed the plants & driftwood almost blindly...so I hope it looks good, I hate to stir it up much once it settles. I love the waterfall noise instead of the buzz of the air stone. Thanks for the help on my spur of the moment switching of tanks and setup.

What a great beach day, perfect weather too, don't ya wish we could just walk into my photograph of it! Hard to believe summer has pretty much ended. I haven't begun to think about bringing the plants in, though I've glanced at a few and decided they are being pitched. Your boat ride looks very beautiful. Been a lousy few days here. Yikes it's late now, my orange kitty is sound asleep at my side. I hope the cats don't try jumping into the uncovered tank tonight!

-Nancy

• nulesm

Bob very good amazing !!!! You've been able to keep your French which is not an easy thing to do if you have know one to talk to in french , an old saying my friend if you don't use it you loose it .

Mikey my friend beautiful pics of Boston harbor!!!! Was the pictures taken from onboard a ship ? Boston looks just like I remember it years and years ago . Back in the 1980's we were in Boston on July 4th , we saw the Pop's and those amazing fireworks. Lol what the heck with the 2 of us and boats yesterday ? We were at the tall ship festival in Brockville about an hour away from here . We had a great time but there were to many people and we had such a hard time finding parking . What a gorgeous day it was though sunny and 78 perfect . Mikey I wonder what happened to the much above September we were supposed to have lol . Just like that below normal September now , what all of a sudden changed ? We are going to have many nights in the low 40s in the upcoming weeks yikes . Not going to complain to much when I see what's happening to those poor people in the Bahama's , my prayers with them !!!!! The last mention about the weather long range lol is calling for snow starting here middle of October Yippee that means well above normal temps lol. Mikey the trees that I neemed look much better I was worried that the sun would burn the leaves with the neem on them well no burning. I will neem them a couple more times before I bring them in . I know that I will never get all the bugs but every little bit will help . So frustrating that I can't purchase what you recommended maybe one day . Thanks again for all your help buddy !!!!

Nancy so glad that your hands have almost cleared up what a relief you must feel !!! Have you figured out what caused the outbreak? Nancy beta's are a beautiful fish just don't put two of them together lol We used to have a large aquarium with lots of fish many years ago , they are a lot of work aren't they ? One day maybe we will try it again with salt water fish maybe . Gorgeous pic Nancy looks like someone painted the clouds on the sky .

Brian

• nulesm

Mikey one of the ships. Looking across the St Lawrence river is New York state.

Brian

• Bob

Brian, have you watch tennis a few days ago, if not congratulations on Canada’s win the US OPEN tennis. Good Show, we enjoyed it!

• nulesm

Thanks Bob !!!!!! Sadly we were out of town on the weekend and we missed it . So far its been a great year for Canada with the Toronto Raptors winning the NBA championship and now Bianca Andreescu .

• Meyermike(Zone 6a Ma.)

Brian, hello my good friend! Yes, those were taken on a boat and come to think of it, it was just last week, and hard to believe it does not feel like summer anymore. Hard to believe how fast things can change. I miss that hot sun and warm weather. I am already depressed and it's not even true fall yet buddy. Funny we were on boats at teh same time. lol And you know what? I have not ever been to the Boston Pops or July 4th thingy. I have always wanted to go though. I know right? I can't believe that most of teh Bahamas is dead buddy. It is so so sad. I had friends there that don't know what to do. September all of a suffen is looking warm for me for the next ten days. I even see 80's. I am not sure if I can believe it but I can get pretty excited the prospects of that. lol Brian buddy, don't feel bad abot bugs. It has been a very bad year for many folks with bugs. Dry air, lack of rain, too much rain has taken a toll. There are plants I never hit up with the Fish Emulsion this year that got devesated by mites. I am so mad at myself for getting lazy. I had to use the stronger Horticultural Oils and now they are gone, but not befeore killing a few of my prized trees. It makes me sick buddy. I am surely not going to carry any inside this year, so the fisha nd oils are heavy at work right now. NO burning like you, thank god. I think our sun is just much weaker than those down south which helps buddy. What a nice pisture too. Funny, looks like the same boat I took a pcture of lol. That's crazy buddy. I was sick this weekened and slept all day, but much better and I hope you are well. I also cut some trees back, roots too according to your skills and advice, and it worked. I will post pictures of the trees I did and how well they are doing. They loved it buddy. Thank you.

• Meyermike(Zone 6a Ma.)

Bob, how are you? How are you enjoying these last few days? I see you have your eyes on a tractor? Nice. I have a question. Can you describe what a Paw Paw tastes like and if I can even grow one here in New England? Any more boat rides, fishing? Do they bite even when it gets cold?

• Meyermike(Zone 6a Ma.)

Nancy, I will be back. I had to run)))

• Bob

Mike, got done testing the neighborhood friends for a taste test, it was fun about the outcome: banana, mango, don’t care, never new it exists, but I like it, pudding.Myself? I have been growing these trees since 2004. 90% are hybrids. Some are excellent, some are sweet but bland, some are strong,overly rich tasting.

Repot a Atemoya yesterday at 92*, kept 30% of the roots, prune tree heavily, fill container only half, today It looks ok. Next spring will prune the tall branches in half.

Today, this Jabo is ready to pick again. It will flower again shortly after picking.

Use my boat just for dragging dead trees of the shorelines to continue building my fish habitat.

Fishing ? Year around, lake don’t freeze over. My fishing start when temps are in the sixties. Don’t fish in the summer.

• nulesm

Mikey my friend get well fast being sick stinks !!!!! What you haven't seen the Boston Pops lol it's a must . Mikey like your weather it's going to warm up here to , next week is looking very summer like near 80 all week . Who knows maybe I can keep the trees out until the second week of October which would be a first wait who am I kidding . They are still calling for snow here around the third week of October Yikes!!!!! The last couple of nights have been very very cool low 40's upper 30's with many areas not far from here having their first frost . Mikey the bugs are crazy never seen it as bad , later today I'm going to spray some trees with the neem. I don't think I have to worry about the sun burning the leaves the sun is at a real low angle now . That's fantastic good for you glad the transplant went well !!!!! There is just so much to do right lol . Who is going to do it when we're really old lol . That's sad about your trees buddy I'm sure with your tender loving care they will spring back to life . Mikey isn't it nice being by the water and watching the boats go by . I love to watch the big ocean liners traveling down the St. Lawrence they are so huge . You must see some pretty amazing ships in Boston Harbor. This weekend will be are last boat ride as it's going to be over wintered away . Unfortunately not like Bob lol rub it in , our rivers and lakes freeze up really really thick . Mikey the only thing I hate about this time of year is the dead silence during the daytime all the birds have gone except the Cardinals and Blue Jays . Thank goodness we still have crickets for the nighttime sounds . Well off to cook a small turkey we picked up there goes an hour with all the prep then spray the trees before the rain . Have a fantastic day my dear friend and get well fast !!!

Brian

• Amy (montreal, canada)

Bonsoir tout le monde! Bob, I love your jaboticaba! Can’t wait for mine to fruit! I went to nursery this weekend and saw a beautiful orange tree

Can you guess the price of this beautiful tree?

At that price, we are a bunch of millionaires loll!

• Bob

Merci mon ami, Amy.

• nulesm

Amy thanks for the laugh!!! Qu'elle prix!! merveilleux comment il a fais dans la voiture? Bonne soirée à vous deux.

Brian

Meyermike(Zone 6a Ma.) thanked nulesm
  • Bob

Only difference between yours and the one in that picture is time. Yours will be better.

Meyermike(Zone 6a Ma.) thanked Bob
  • nanzjade z5 MA

Brian, what a gorgeous ship! That must have been a fun day our on the water. Betta fish are mostly easy, I just feed once in the morning. Here's a photo if my 10 gallon with my male koi betta, nerite snail, and there are four coridoras (catfish) but I plan to get a few more of matching species as they like to group together. There is just one fake plant otherwise it's all planted and driftwood. Ha, yes very true never put two male bettas or colorful fish that they may want to fight against.

I've been spending days, looking online and at some pet stores for a large tank for goldfish. Usually I hate the stands or they are crazy expensive. I keep going back-and-forth about what gallon size tank, 20, 29, or 40.

Mike, I know Paw Paws can be grown in our area as I know someone in Worcester that's always raving about them. I hope you like my fish tank too.

• nulesm

Nancy very very nice and the water is so clean . Your betta is quit the looker they really are a beautiful fish . I can see why you can't put to betta males together JEALOUSY lol. Love the catfish haven't seen those before. Gold fish are funny the larger the tank the larger they get we had one that was near 10 inches and lived well over 10 yrs old . That gold fish so loved people it would swim right up to the glass to meet whom ever was looking at it . Very nice pic Nancy brought back a lot of memories!!!!!

Brian

Meyermike(Zone 6a Ma.) thanked nulesm
  • Amy (montreal, canada)

Nancy, we share another hobby together lol!!! Here is my little clown fish swimming peacefully in her anemone! Her husband is somewhere in there lol!

Bob, thank you for your kind words mon ami! It thanks to all of you that I have the courage to try something new! Every time I open this thread, I love to look at your jaboticaba! Mine is a strong grower so maybe I can hope to see a few flowers next year? Cross my finger! Bob, I use holly tone for my mango tree and it seems to love it! Do you also use holly to your citrus trees?

Mike, are we all curious to see if we can grow mango here? Lol, here is mine. It’s a gift from my mom because it didn’t grow for her so I just rescue it.

Brian, oh wow beautiful picture!!! It’s a shame that a get sea sick everytime I go into any kind of boat lol! You do well to enjoy our beautiful weather when it lasts. I look at the forecast and it seems that we won’t have any frost for the next couple weeks. My lychee trees are still outside because I think that they like cool weather. They are still small so it’s easy for me to move them in anytime I want. Brian, did you have time to spray your trees? I use this sprayer with my hose and love it

https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/chapin-all-purpose-16-dial-hose-end-sprayer-with-metering-dial-0591114p.html#srp

Meyermike(Zone 6a Ma.) thanked Amy (montreal, canada)
  • Amy (montreal, canada)

I also bought those switches at Costcoto turn on/off my greenhouse light from a distance with my cell. Loll, I am kind of chicken and hate to fumble in the dark trying to open the light out there alone. I also plug my fan in one of those so I can control it on schedule!

love it!

• nanzjade z5 MA

Thank you, Brian :) Wow, you had a huge goldfish! Did you have a massive tank for it? I'm curious how often I'll have to do water changes as they are super messy and create a ton of ammonia. What have I gotten myself into, lol, here I was thinking I should simplify things in life, ha yeah right. So I have 8 comets ( about 2") and 2 with a fan tail, they are now outdoors in two 30 gallon tubs but they need to come indoors for the winter as the water would freeze as not deep. They really love when I visit them, especially when I feed them of course. I am leaning towards a 40 gallon breeder tank, and after looking for stands on them, which were very limited, learned that some 50 and 65 gallon stands are close to the same dimensions (just a taller tank).

Amy, that's awesome, you have an aquarium and it's salt water!! I just LOVE clown fish, I'll tell you more in a moment. That's so cool to have anemones and watch them play hide and seek. I assume you'd have corals? May we see a tank pic, please? How easy or difficult do you consider a saltwater tank? Maybe someday I'll do a salt, I bet there's a lot to learn and it seems like an expensive hobby. There is a nearby small aquarium shoppe with lots of interesting reef and corals, it seems like one could spend hundreds just to decorate it.

So I have fond memories of clown fish, back in 2000 visited the Great Barrier Reef and whole snorkeling was surrounded by hundreds of them and other tropical fish. Neat little smart electrical plugs, someday I should get some too.

Mike has a gorgeous fresh water tank, it's always a treat to see. Hey where is he? Come back buddy!

Meyermike(Zone 6a Ma.) thanked nanzjade z5 MA
  • Meyermike(Zone 6a Ma.)

Oh my God, every time I wanted to post., I got stupid busy. I finally have soem down time.

Brian, I think I need to retire, although I am about 25 years away.lol I went to the gym last night and worked out until 10 oast 10 at tnight, then go up at 430 a.m. as I alwasy do and I think I am ready. lol Brian, it seems that the ten day forcast has lowered the temps again. Geez. Can we ever trust that ten day forcast buddy? It would be nice if we could leave our trees out until Halloween, that would be a miracle.lol Besides, the little kids would probably steal our fruits. Thanks buddy. That is what happens when you ignore your trees for just a few weeks. I am so sick of pests. I finally got rid of them and actually dug out the Brugs and threw them away. They are the worst mite magnets I have ever seen. It's not worth growing them at all. I think I will stick to citrus.lol Have you noticed how dark it's getting earlier and earlier? It seems it was just a few days ago it was summer, hot and bright, and now this. Dark all day here with low gray clouds. Crazy depressing. It was just over a week ago I took that boat ride, the sun was hot and the day was beautiful. Have you or are you going to cover the pool soon? Already? I'll bet you only got about a good month of pool weather and that's it buddy. Use to be at least 3 months of it. The water must be cold by now. Brian, I swear we could talk all day. We think the same things buddy...lol I was just thinking that the other day. All the bird singing just gone over night, and now I am waiting for the quiet nights when the bugs that sing at night just go. So far I hear crickets but they will be gone before you know it. The one warm day we had yesterday brought them all out last night. Boy were they super loud. I loved it. I sat outside on my rocker wishing the warm nights would stick around longer. Beach days too. You have to come to the beach with us some day. I can take you to a beautiful one..We can show off our six packs buddy. lol I am shocked at Amy's greenhouse!!! Spaking of Amy, time to talk to her. Hugs hugs buddy!! Give Sugar some too please.

Brian, these are the trees acre potted your way thanks to you I cut back the roots and tops and they held their fruit and grew new growth They loved it

• nanzjade z5 MA

This is Mike’s aquarium! He’s busy and gave the ok to post it :) I just love it! So bright and cheerful.

• Meyermike(Zone 6a Ma.)

Amy, how are you? How are you coming along? I suppose much better after setting up that highly intriquing beautiful well put together greenhouse. I can't believe how much room you have and even a ceiling fan..Wowowowo. I am truly impressed. Now don't forget to make room for a table and chairs. Forget more trees. They will grow. lol Make room for you. Love the fish tank Amy...Sea water?? wow. Lot's of work but truly worth it. If I could afford to pay someone to care for one. I would have one in a heart beat. Beautiful work. Smat thinking with those smart plugs!! I have some. You can control everything from your phone. I am even thinking of getting cameras if they withstand the humidity in there. I know they now have water proof T.V's. I think I will get one of them too. What a beautiful Mango. Don't you just love the color of the new leaves? Where did you get it? Was in expensive? I really want one. What type? I hope it oes well for you. If you stick it outside, make sure to keep the squirrels from it, they are bad. Amy, I am so happy to see how long you have come. Now, don't forget the clear solar pool cover come the very cold nights!

• Meyermike(Zone 6a Ma.)

Bob, I had no idea so many could taste so different. Bob, you make me so jealous buddy. I can't believe you can fish that long. I hope some day to visit your area. It seems so peacful and like living life, not to say surrounded by all your beautiful trees. What do you like about the Jabo tree? Is the fruit sweet? is a very different tree for sure. Liek the way the fruits grow on the branches like that. Strange. You can grow anything in a pot buddy. You are so good at that.

Nancy, wow. What a nice tank. You an your fish and frogs.lol I love them all though. Great job. I'll bet you can't wait to find a fish tank that is just right and you will. The beach was awesome the other day. Seems like yesterday. I will miss it. Isn't Amy's greenhouse to die for? What a great job...Paw paws? Really. We need to talk about that))

• Amy (montreal, canada)

Mike thank you for your kind words! I really enjoy being in my greenhouse. Lol I am happy to stay there all day! I am planning to go buy the solar cover this weekend before they stop selling it but I think that I have to wait before I install it because it’s still very hot in the greenhouse. Today the temperature reached over 100F! Wow!!!! Mike, a quick question. Do you need to tell tour insurance company about having a greenhouse? My father is urging me to do so but I don’t see the need.

My mango is a Glenn and is a gift from my mom. I bought her a barbados cherries for her birthday and she no longer want her mango so she gave it to me! Yes! I don’t know much about this variety but I figure that I can try to keep it alive and if I succeed than I can buy other varieties. Oh yeah no more buying for me loll. I really have to repeat this mantra! Mike, live your aquarium! So colorful! Do you name your fishes? I do loll. So we have Schubert, Fatboy and Mickey mouse.

Nancy, here is a picture of my aquarium.

I have it for more than 10 years now and I must confessed that it’s a lot of work because we do all the stuffs manually (adding water, additives, feeding my fishes etc). You are right to say that it’s a expensive hobby because you need a lot of material to run a saltwater tank (skimmer, light, pump, etc) but it’s very rewarding. Every time, I walk by my aquarium my fishes are coming out to greet me or maybe they just want mire food loll. Nancy, you went to the great barrier? Wow, it’s my dream to go there! Lucky you! Everything must be so beautuful there!

Some pictures of my corals

Goniopora. I bought this when it had only four polyps and now it’s huge

Brain coral

• Amy (montreal, canada)

Mike thank you for your kind words! I really enjoy being in my greenhouse. Lol I am happy to stay there all day! I am planning to go buy the solar cover this weekend before they stop selling it but I think that I have to wait before I install it because it’s still very hot in the greenhouse. Today the temperature reached over 100F! Wow!!!! Mike, a quick question. Do you need to tell your insurance company about having a greenhouse? My father is urging me to do so but I don’t see the need.

I have it for more than 10 years now and I must confessed that it’s a lot of work because we do all the stuffs manually (adding water, additives, feeding my fishes etc). You are right to say that it’s a expensive hobby because you need a lot of material to run a saltwater tank (skimmer, light, pump, etc) but it’s very rewarding. Every time, I walk by my aquarium my fishes are coming out to greet me or maybe they just want more food loll

Nancy, you went to the Great Barrier? It’s my dream to go there one day! Everything must be so beautiful there. The corals must be huge!!

• Amy (montreal, canada)

Some more pictures

Goniopora. Can you believe that I bought it when it only had four polyps

Brain coral

• poncirusguy6b452xx

tell your insurance company.

• Amy (montreal, canada)

Steve, is it because of the fire hazard or to make sure that they will cover my collection?

• poncirusguy6b452xx

Yes. You would hate to loose your house's insurance coverage to an insurance covered fire because you didn't claim the new greenhouse especially if the GH wasn't the cause of the fire that took your house.

Steve

• Amy (montreal, canada)

Oh thanks Steve. I will call my insurance company this week end!

• nulesm

Hello Mike lol its getting dark so fast now barely enough time to get a barbecue in . Tonight we are going to sit at our bar and eat a ton of chicken wings and drinks. Mikey keep up the great workouts but a little warning in about 15 yrs everything will start shifting down south lol. Mikey we haven't closed the pool yet and the water is about 66 , someone has to get in the water to take the stairs out lol . Mikey we had a great summer here sunny almost everyday and it was very warm , we used the pool all July and August. This week has been very sunny but on the cool side but next week sunny with warm temperatures near 80 . Mikey I might have my trees out till the second week of October if the long range forecast is correct which would be awesome. Fantastic job of repotting your trees Buddy !!! It's a lot of work but easy . Your tree looks so healthy didn't mind it a bit . I noticed a fig fruit on the mix , you got figs this year? Lol you did such a perfect job of repotting there isn't one speck of potting mix on that pot your so much neater than I . Mikey I love the sound of crickets to , they are going daytime and nighttime here . Blue Jay was in my lemon tree this morning he must love lemons . Mikey one of these days we are going to get our passports done so we can do a little traveling and maybe visit you one day I love beaches . Enjoy the day my friend. Hugs

You guys with the aquariums lol your not going to get me hooked back into that hobby . They are so beautiful aren't they but so much work lol . This stage of my life less work the better . Mikey and Amy beautiful aquariums they sure do bring life to a dull room . Nancy I think Amy was trying to warn you with how much upkeep Aquariums need . Nancy I think that it was the comet tail Gold fish that lived old we also had a fancy tailed one that lived quit old and grew fairly large . The larger the aquarium the larger they will get . Amy love your corals and fish they must have cost a fortune .

Brian