FOR PROS
Business tools custom-built for our industry

Say 'so long' to generic business software. Houzz Pro is designed for industry professionals like you.

bsue1177

Laura Ashley Mr Jones

bsue1177

I fell in love with Laura Ashley Mr Jones tile, sold through The Tile Shop, for our powder room floor. I’ve researched the tile, though, and it has awful reviews. Can anyone suggest a similar tile but with better quality?

Check out cement tiles there are 1000S

• SJ McCarthy

What are the reviews saying? When it comes to tiles and 'complaints' it is often a installation issue rather than a material issue. While it is true that non-rectified tiles are a pain to deal with, a decent tile setter (and not some 'Joe' who says s/he can install tiles) can deal with issues with wavy tiles.

• arch13

Check out cement tiles there are 1000S

Do NOT check out cement tiles. This tile is ceramic. Entirely different in terms of usage, care, and maintenance.

I did some quick googling and I didn't see any horrible reviews on this. Albeit, I spent maybe 30 seconds looking. Ceramic tiles are ceramic tiles. They are what they are. As SJ said, bad tile experiences are usually results of install, not tile. Especially when it comes to ceramic/porcelain. As a material, pretty basic stuff.

• gustaviatex

And you are right. Even the Tile Forum says these are poorly made tiles. I will look around.

bsue1177 thanked gustaviatex
  • bsue1177

Thank you! I know enough to not want real concrete tiles. I found Daltile Memoir series which look good in the limited pics online, but need to get a sample to see if it will work. Wish there were more

pics to view!

BeverlyFLADeziner

So have you viewed any of the tiles from HD?

bsue1177 thanked BeverlyFLADeziner
  • bsue1177

Those are through Home Depot? Hm, I went into my local Home Depot and Lowe’s but they had nothing like these. Maybe I should look online. Thanks!

• latvija

We just installed the Laura Ashley tiles in our newly renovated master bath...with in -floor heat. I love these tiles! No problems at all. We bought our tiles at the Tile Shop over a year ago when the background was still white. The new version of this tile has a tanish background rather than white.