0
xiangirl

Weed or Flower zone 5

Zone 5 Nebraska. Plant is 2 1/2 ft tall, ferny, healthy and in my flower bed. At the end of each 'branch' is a set of yellowish things that look like they are going to bloom. No smell to the foliage. doesn't look like dill. Wondering if it's an herb I might have planted, but it's probably a weed. I just can't remember if I did plant this. Can't get a good picture of the entire plant.

• xiangirl zone 4/5 Nebraska

It does not have the "umbrella" structure of dill, nor the smell.

• Polypompholyx

I think that is a mustard related weed. It has already bloomed a lot. Those are all seed pods below the flowers on the stem.

• floral_uk z.8/9 SW UK

Yes, looks like Brassicaceae to me too. Can you show us the whole plant? We can't see any leaves.

• jekeesl (south-central Arkansas)

If the plant is "ferny", then consider Descurainia Sophia (Fixweed Tansy Mustard).

• xiangirl zone 4/5 Nebraska

Sorry, just can't get my camera to focus where I want it to. This is the entire plant. I think it's Fixweed Tansy Mustard. All the "leaves" look like those fine, tiny, ferny fingers. At any rate, I don't think it's a keeper! Thank you all for your help.

• jekeesl (south-central Arkansas)

When your camera doesn't want to focus, lay the plant on a sidewalk, against a solid object (i.e. house), or if small, put your hand behind it. The focus will then be closer to the plant's plane.

• NHBabs z4b-5a NH

A sheet of cardboard behind the plant also can help with focus