0
mike_stecher16

Need help ending the backsplash

Mike Stecher

We have seating at a peninsula with the sink, but need help ending the backsplash. Do we just go straight across behind the stove, or wrap the sides? Where do we end? I don't want to have backsplash on the seating area. Also the tiny cove by the coffee area is causing a dilemma.

• ldecor54

Pictures needed

Mike Stecher thanked ldecor54
  • salex

If it were my kitchen, I would put the tile only on the stove wall, as you suggested, and not wrap it on the sides. Given that the coffee space is so narrow, and so little of the back is visible, I would not tile it - just leave it as drywall and paint.

Mike Stecher thanked salex
  • salex

On second thought, seeing that last photo, I would take the left side (near the peninsula) to the edge of the drywall corner and stop there. Or maybe just to the edge of the upper cabinets.

• Mike Stecher

So just this wall with the oven range?

• Mike Stecher

That's what I was thinking too, to bring the tile to the end of the cabinets but didn't want it to look unbalanced