Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
baseballmom94

Marble Look Tile on Floor: Anyone Regret This?

baseballmom94
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

I'm down to the wire on choosing flooring for my master bath. As stated in another thread, I'm trying to choose between marble look porcelain tile or a wood look tile to go with marble look shower walls and counter tops. I'm worried about the maitenance on a floor with a lot of white space even though I will definitely do a light gray grout.

**What i I really need to know before pulling the trigger is: Has anyone installed a marble-look tile and ended up regretting it?

Here is what I'm considering:

Comments (14)

• marinaboehm
    4 years ago

I really like it. I would get it. It’s porcelain, not marble and you can use various cleaners to keep it clean.

• PRO
    Sina Sadeddin Architectural Design
    4 years ago

I would choose marble look over wood look tile in a bathroom hands down. What tile are you using for the shower floor? Just run that same tile throughout the space.

• enjoythejourney
    4 years ago

I installed marble-look, porcelain floor and shower tile with a marble-look quartz countertop and tub deck. It’s timeless and elegant and really brightens our North-facing ensuite. Honestly, that bit of grey patten makes it tough to see any dirt on the floor and, because it’s porcelain, it’s really easy to keep clean.

• K R
    4 years ago

Nope, I absolutely love mine.

• calidesign
    4 years ago

Are you using the same tile on the floors as the shower walls? If so, I think it can work. But if you have a different marble look in the shower and marble look for the countertops, I wouldn't use a third marble look on the floors. It doesn't have to be a wood look - you can also use a more solid gray tile.

• suzyq53
    4 years ago

My mother had some installed in the kitchen. It looked great, but was very slippery when wet.

• Emily R.
    4 years ago

Marble-look porcelain hex tiles on floor; little marble-look porcelain squares on shower floor; and large-format tiles on walls; carrara vanity top (supposedly real marble, but I got it sight unseen off Build.com so who knows -- it's pretty, though). I love my bathroom. No regrets at all.

• User
    4 years ago

Karen Rose - I hope you don’t think I’m stalking you ( You shared a picture of your gorgeous fireplace when I asked a question on the fireplace forum), but I just love your bathroom. Do you remember the name of the tiles and accent you used?

• User
    4 years ago

YES do it!

• User
    4 years ago

KR could you tell me the name/brand of your tiles? Beautiful!

• Rebekah Gibbs
    4 years ago

Definitely go marble look - we have actual marble tile in our laudry/half bath and while it is beautiful it is really hard to keep looking pristine without being a slave to it with the mop

• Jennifer
    4 years ago

Ditto to Mongo's comment. We did a porcelain tile, faux stone in our old bathroom. I Loved it. The only regret was an obvious duplicate of the pattern on two adjacent tiles on the back wall.

• chispa
    4 years ago

I prefer to use a Calacatta Gold or Calacatta Oro marble-look porcelain, because it also has some beige/brown/gold veins, along with the gray ones. It gives you a bit more flexibility to have the room designed with cool or warm colors. If you use just a gray toned marble, you are pretty much tied to that cool look forever, specially as we are nearing the end of the Gray color trend that has been around for the last 10 years.