Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ahappycamper

Is some siphoning inevitable even if all procedures are followed?

Hi everyone, i posted a thread a while back regarding liquid loss.
I require 11 pressure but im most comfortable processing at 12 just to he on the safe side.
Im very familiar with my stove now and never overshoot the 12-13 range and am able to keep it there until the processing time is over. I do not go from 13 to 12 to 11 and back. However even with this, i still get some siphoning which is frustrating.
I am trying to figure what im still doing wrong and maybe its the way i start and finish.
To start, i turn the stove up to the highest setting and then once i hit 9 pressure, turn it down to medium. Then once i hit 10 pressure i bring it down another notch or two. Would i get less liquid loss if i "crawled" up to the 12 instead of scaling to 9 ASAP then moderating?
Or maybe my problem is when i finish processing. I DO NOT vent the pipes at all. As soon as my processing time is hit i will turn off the stove completely and leave it alone. Would it better if i scaled down my stove gradually? So that way i go from 12 to 0 gradually rather than just turning off the stove.

Comments (4)

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio