chedanemi

Help with Tiered Area

chedanemi
last modified: July 11, 2019

This is the final section of our land to be landscaped. It's tiered, and the rocks are staying as they fit in with the rest of the landscaped areas around the house. (They'll be cleared of weeds, etc., of course). The area is approximately 20' wide by 60' long. It had grass when we moved in, but it is a pain to mow/weed the area. I've attached a couple photos showing the area in question and one showing the tiered area on the other side of the house. The two areas can't be seen together as they are on completely different areas of the property.

Hubby is trying to cut down on another area which will require watering and weeding, so would prefer not to have another flower/plant area. We already have a huge fire pit in another area, so no need for that. There's nothing to see from that area, so no need for a nice table/chairs area. I definitely do not want a horseshoe pit! In our minds, that pretty much eliminates anything but filling it with river rock and maybe putting a select few plants and larger decorative rocks; similar to the photo of the completed area.

If anyone has other ideas, I'd love to hear them!