lwolfe16

Need help with color design for front door and trim!

lwolfe16
July 11, 2019
last modified: July 11, 2019

Hello!

I need to pick out colors and design for our new front door and 2 sidelites. Can you send me your ideas on what you think would look best?

The trim and sofets on our house is a grey, we do not have white trim other than around our windows and our garage doors (see pic). Our old door was a light blue (not interested in doing again) and trim was painted monochromatic grey (see pic).

Now, the hubby would like to somehow add in some white to our new door and/or trim. He is thinking keep the trim white, and paint the door and sidelines grey or vice versa. He wants a white storm door.

I am disagreeing and think we should go monochromatic charcoal grey again (see pic of color swatch) And with a black storm door.

What do you all think or prefer?

And..based on your design preference you share, do you think we should go with a white storm door or black? Or, do we paint the white storm door to match the grey? Or, do we paint it a monochromatic white?

So confused!

Pics in comments: pics of the new white door needing to be painted, pic of old colors.

*having trouble getting all the pics to stay on the post & comments- sorry!

Thank You!!

Comments (2)

• lwolfe16

PS- we are not interested in repainting all of the trim on our house white.

• lwolfe16

Here is a picture of our old door & colors....

Need help with an existing Houzz order? Call 1-800-368-4268