hea00

Bathroom tile: Does this look right to you?

hea00

Hello! First time renovator here and I’d love to any advice on my bathroom tile job. As background, I live in a pre-war NYC building so I’m sure there are irregularities- but the room was down to the studs and cement before the tiling started. I asked my contractor to take a look at the tiles at ceiling and the window as they look uneven as well as the protruding pencil tiles that wrap around a column. Frankly, I’m a little disappointed I have to call this out - but perhaps this is pretty normal? Thoughts , advice are welcome - thanks!

• mountie

This doesn’t look correct to me. What type of waterproofing was done under the tiling? The shower bench is very worrisome. The poor tiling job is the least of it!

• cpartist

That doesn't look like a bench. It looks like a tub. See the spout on the left to fill the tub?

Frankly this tile job looks pretty good to me. I'm not seeing what you're trying to explain, but then again, I'm no expert.

Your window is not centered so either they centered the tile which they did or they centered it on the window. I think they made the right choice.

Of course that does beg the question of what they used for waterproofing. :)

• hea00

Hi - Sorry if my pictures are difficult to see! Yes, that’s the tub and the black hex tiles are the floor. They used redguard to waterproof the shower area. It’s hard to tell if grout will help erase the gaps along the ceiling - but I’m pretty sure tile corners should not meet off the wall.